Got my sheep back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my sheep back

Skip's Taxidermy. Poor quality pictures but he does fantastic work.
    Attached Files
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Nice! That's a heck of a sheep my man. I like that angled mount, what do you call that?

Comment

Originally posted by RCBOWHUNTER View Post
      Nice! That's a heck of a sheep my man. I like that angled mount, what do you call that?
      Wall Pedestal. I've seen some wall pedestal mounts that are really angled, I liked Skip's (he makes his own forms) as it was a kind of half a pedestal, if you will.

Comment

Skip is one of the best! That is a beauty!

Comment

...a really fine ram and a very attractive mount.
          Sooooo....waht were the approx horn measurements?
          And did you provide a "hero story" for the forum? If so, i would like to read it.
          dennis
          Imagine (It's easy if you try)
          …miles and miles of mountains…wide expanses of tundra...remote wild waters…
          (Whisper words of wisdom) Let It Be

Comment

Looks good! You'll enjoy looking up at that for a long time. Congrats.

Comment

That sheep mount turned out really nice. Congrats.

Comment

Right on, that looks sweet.

Comment

I really like your mount and that form. I believe I saw that sheep at Skip's if you are talking about Skip in Salcha. The form caught my eye and I took notice because I might have mine done that way also.

Congrats on a great Ram and a wonderful looking mount.

Steve
                  "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
                    I really like your mount and that form. I believe I saw that sheep at Skip's if you are talking about Skip in Salcha. The form caught my eye and I took notice because I might have mine done that way also.

Congrats on a great Ram and a wonderful looking mount.

Steve
                    Yep, Skip in Salcha. My first time meeting him, as I had someone else drop off the horns. Its a long drive from Anchorage but his work is well worth it. He had some amazing sheep in his shop, a stone sheep that was unbelieveable. I was in somewhat of a hurry but we started talked hunting and after 90 minutes I was just scratching the surface of good tales. Great guy, super quality work.

Comment

Nice mount! For those who would like to have a "wall pedestal" or "pedestal" mount of any trophy, make sure you bring enough cape out of the field (make the circumference cut well behind the shoulders). This style is becoming more popular, for good reason. They look nice!

Comment

a couple more pictures if you are interested in this form/mount
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
                          Yep, Skip in Salcha. My first time meeting him, as I had someone else drop off the horns. Its a long drive from Anchorage but his work is well worth it. He had some amazing sheep in his shop, a stone sheep that was unbelieveable. I was in somewhat of a hurry but we started talked hunting and after 90 minutes I was just scratching the surface of good tales. Great guy, super quality work.
                          Skip, does truly live and breathe sheep hunting. From the incrediable sheep of his own on the wall to the Super Cub by his shop. Any sheep hunter can spend hours talking sheep with Skip, and his work is first rate. We spent over a hour when we went to pick up my friends sheep. He places all the completed mounts on the wall as you walk in giving you a great view of a variety of options.

Again TW, a truly beautiful trophy Sir!!! Is it Aug yet???

Steve
                          Last edited by stid2677; 03-28-2011, 12:00.
                          "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

That is one great looking sheep mount!Looks like a long horned ram,what range was he from?If I don't get the "one" for the full body mount this year,will go the way you did,That mount sure looks sharp!!

August can't come soon enough,Hopefully it will be a succsesfull season for all of us sheep stalkers!

Comment

very nice, congrats
                              I ♥ Big Sheep

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X