Clear All

• northway
    replied
    Very nice Hotyguy! You are a class act!

Leave a comment:

• Hoytguy
    replied
    No Excuse

Their is no excuse to wait a year to have a bear hide tanned.. Average turnaround is 90 days. Sometimes as short as 45-60, other times it may take 120-180 days, no longer. Seriously..I hope you get your hides, and or money back..

Short story,
    Last year I took 2 bears in to be mounted for 2 Gentelman who fly Aircraft on Elmendorf, Names withheld..2 weeks later their plane crahsed prior to the airshow..pretty easy to figure it out.. Their bears went to the front and their spouses recieved beutiful bears to hang in their houses, etc.. This winter a guy from Fairbanks gave me a 7.5' brown bear to do, He opted for a half lifesize.. I found out through a third party that he is deploying SOON.. His bear was picked up Yesterday.. No way I want to go through walking on eggshells like that agian .. Here is the finished bear that was picked up Yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brown bear-2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2479324

Hoytguy

Leave a comment:

• akspawnner
    replied
    Im sure the taxi in North Pole that jcorin is having problems with is the same one Im using. I dropped off 2 black bear hides last june for tanning, after putting down deposits havent heard from him sense, lots of phone msg's and texts and no replys. Just cant seem to get ahold of him. The worst part is one of the hides was my son in law's that is leaving for Afganastan next week, he really expected to have it back in less than a year. Now its going to be another year before he has a chance to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Alaskan22
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoytguy View Post
    Alaskan 22, if you can get me a decent cape and send me your horns, I'll re do your musk ox at cost for ya so you can hang it low and be proud.. Musk ox are such amazing animals and deserve more respect than a sharpie to the tip of the horns.. If you need anyone for ref, just ask..

Thanks,

Hoytguy
    I usually get one every year so getting a cape isn't that big of an issue. Just isn't a priority to get another one. While having a "nice one" would be a bonus, dealing with the whole issue again isn't something I want to relive. When/if I get ready to leave Nome, then I'll look at having a nice one done. Until then, I'm not ready to go through the mental anguish of getting another done. But thanks for the offer.

Leave a comment:

• jcorwin4278
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoytguy View Post
    I am doing 2 Bisons right now, both are from folks up their. one in north pole and the other lives in fairbanks. And I live in Palmer.. thought it was pretty nice of these folks to send me their bussiness..considering were so far apart. Ill have pics up by the end of the week of the one .. If your getting a euro. patience is the Key.. if its done right.. its not a race and it takes time.. 5-7 months of cleaning and degreasing isn't uncommon for a big bear, ox or bison skull.

Alaskan 22, if you can get me a decent cape and send me your horns, I'll re do your musk ox at cost for ya so you can hang it low and be proud.. Musk ox are such amazing animals and deserve more respect than a sharpie to the tip of the horns.. If you need anyone for ref, just ask..

Thanks,

Hoytguy

Thanks! That is all I was looking for with my guy. Its like pulling teeth to get a hold of him, and I'm in no hurry (even thou it sounds like I am), I just want to know what is going on. I have never done this before and am learning about the process. So now that I know it might take some time, I am good with it. I will however be going with a different taxi next time. Just the lack of communiaction with mine drives me and my wife crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Roland on the River
    replied
    HOYTGUY
    Now there is a guy i would trust and send work to. I'm too old to hunt anymore but I have 6 sheep mounts that I enjoy looking at.
    It's worth every penny to get a good mount and just from Hoyt's postings I would give him a try.

Leave a comment:

• Hoytguy
    replied
    Originally posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    I have my bison head at a taxi here in North Pole. I dropped it off in December and they have had "problems" in there personnal lives and still dont have it done. Is that normal for european mount? I understand life come first, but I have paid them 1/2 the money and would like to get my mount back soon. Anywya, he is a nice guy and I am trying to understanding, but I'm kinda getting a bad taste for his work. Needless to say, I am using a different taxi next time. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to use in Fairbanks or North Pole?

I am doing 2 Bisons right now, both are from folks up their. one in north pole and the other lives in fairbanks. And I live in Palmer.. thought it was pretty nice of these folks to send me their bussiness..considering were so far apart. Ill have pics up by the end of the week of the one .. If your getting a euro. patience is the Key.. if its done right.. its not a race and it takes time.. 5-7 months of cleaning and degreasing isn't uncommon for a big bear, ox or bison skull.

Thanks,

Hoytguy

Leave a comment:

• jcorwin4278
    replied
    I have my bison head at a taxi here in North Pole. I dropped it off in December and they have had "problems" in there personnal lives and still dont have it done. Is that normal for european mount? I understand life come first, but I have paid them 1/2 the money and would like to get my mount back soon. Anywya, he is a nice guy and I am trying to understanding, but I'm kinda getting a bad taste for his work. Needless to say, I am using a different taxi next time. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to use in Fairbanks or North Pole?

Leave a comment:

• Alaskan22
    replied
    Originally posted by northway View Post
    PICTURE PLEASE! I have dreams of shooting one of those ALASKAN oxebeasts with you in NOME one of these years! LMAO!
    You've seen it a million times already. Not digging up the pics again...or the memory of that ordeal...

Leave a comment:

• northway
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaskan22 View Post
    Yup.......

I hang it HIGH on the wall so no one can get a good look at it. I call it "the rare Alaskan wildebeast". One of two known...and amazingly the same taxi shop did the work on both.... those &*#$%&&*!!!
    PICTURE PLEASE! I have dreams of shooting one of those ALASKAN oxebeasts with you in NOME one of these years! LMAO!

Leave a comment:

• Blink
    replied
    I swear that part of the building is possessed. For the last 14 years or so, every owner has bad luck (self induced or bad timing). Kings makes #4. I hope everything the best for you kings of the north.

Leave a comment:

• there is no off season
    replied
    Kings of the North. Thanks for the heads up, hadn't heard anything in a long time. I guess we'll figure it out when I get back there in a few weeks. Tried to email and call a bunch, but didn't have any luck. I do appreciate the response and like Alaskan22 said, it goes along way with a lot of people and it's a load off my shoulders. Thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• Alaskan22
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingsofthenorth View Post
    Hey guys, I'm the new owener of the shop. Kings of the north taxidermy. The shop is no longer open there due to the roof caving in. I have been in contact with all my customers. To The hunter asking about his giz. I have spoken to your dad about the bear. He told me to hold on to it until you get back from overseas so you can come look at it. I did get caught up in passed the past taxidermist but I've been making right on there misfurtant. If anyone has questions or problems please email me so I can help. Just a note I didnt lose any fur or horns in the building and I have detailed records on everything. Sorry for the confusion.
    Your honesty and being up front (like this post) will go a long way with everyone. I don't have anything there, but I appreciate it anyways. I wish you luck and fortune, and glad the business is in new hands!

Leave a comment:

• Alaskan22
    replied
    Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
    that was yours alaskan22???!!
    Yup.......

I hang it HIGH on the wall so no one can get a good look at it. I call it "the rare Alaskan wildebeast". One of two known...and amazingly the same taxi shop did the work on both.... those &*#$%&&*!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kingsofthenorth
    replied
    Hey guys, I'm the new owener of the shop. Kings of the north taxidermy. The shop is no longer open there due to the roof caving in. I have been in contact with all my customers. To The hunter asking about his giz. I have spoken to your dad about the bear. He told me to hold on to it until you get back from overseas so you can come look at it. I did get caught up in passed the past taxidermist but I've been making right on there misfurtant. If anyone has questions or problems please email me so I can help. Just a note I didnt lose any fur or horns in the building and I have detailed records on everything. Sorry for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X