No announcement yet.

Anyone had taxidermist "issues" lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had taxidermist "issues" lately?

Hey guys. Going to keep this short and sweet; Has anyone had any issues with a taxidermy shop on west international airport road in the last year or so? It is at the same location of a shop that people were having problems with previously but has since been bought out and there is a new owner. I just want to know if I'm the only one that is getting the shaft from the new owner.

He inherited a heck of a mess. I used them to get a few hides tanned and had no problem. Good luck getting yours resolved.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, he got everything caught up from the other guy and that part of the business back in order then sold it to another individual. He has a shop out in Wasilla/Big lake also, so you can contact him there. I've used him for the last 6yrs and never had issues and always good work.

Comment

No problems on west international airport road , but 4 years ago I took a buck to ****** Taxedermy, and still haven't got anything but excuses why it's not finished yet.
        Last edited by Brian M; 03-15-2011, 21:25. Reason: name removed per forum rules

Comment

Ugh...even thinking about this stuff makes me sick....
          Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Comment

I took some stuff to him this past fall. Not a big job but he did as promised and seemed like a decent guy. I would have done more with him but the guy who's hide it was wanted it done somewhere else. I will probably be back just because of the good service I got.

Comment

isn't that the same guy that put the muskox horns on backwards and painted the tips with a magic marker? i saw some pics of the mount...
              Www.blackriverhunting.com
              Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
                isn't that the same guy that put the muskox horns on backwards and painted the tips with a magic marker? i saw some pics of the mount...
                I would love to see photos of that!!!

Comment

i'll see if i can find them....
                  Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
                    i'll see if i can find them....
                    http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbt...rmy_work_.html
                    I'm Pro-Pike.

Comment

I know what you guys are saying and I whole heartedly want to agree with you about the guy and the work he does. I'm out a nice bear hide (it had already been tanned) that I spent 5 years of hunting for to a "supposed" roof collapse. I'm still in Afghanistan so I can't deal with it right now, but haven't gotten so much as an email from the guy. GAredneck, you think it has been sold again (making it the third time it has been sold in the past year and a half)? It make's me sick, but I'm still not out to give anyone a bad name. Just trying to find out what's going on, so any more help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
                      Attached Files

Comment

BTW, it wasn't Tundra.

Comment

internet rumors? perhaps...still one awesome musk ox mount!!
                          Master guide 212

Comment

I was thinking of the later, so I can't say for sure it has been sold again.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCub View Post
                              I would love to see photos of that!!!
                              Stop by my house....
                              Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X