First Lynx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Lynx

I got my first cat last night. The wife wants a full body mount in a nature scene. Can anyone suggest a good taxidermist for Lynx? Most of the Lynx I have seen done as full body don't look that good. It seems like they always mess up the face or try to make them snarling, which isn't natural.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Here is a picture of one I found on taxidermy.net that looks pretty good. http://www.dandcexpediters.com/view.php?id=80
    Congrat's on the cat.
    sigpic

Comment

lynx are tricky

lynx and bobcats seem to give lots of taxidermists fits....about one in five will get one looking good and yeah its always the face....sometimes its the form they use sometimes its just the taxidermist themselves....go check out peoples work.....and cook up the backstraps,,,hot in butter with some lemon pepper....yummm
      "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Comment

Thanks for the input all. I've been to I don't know how many taxidermists today and can't find what I want. Some one PM'd me and I may be on to something. I'll let you all know when I get off the phone with her.
        "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Comment

found the right one

Looks like I finally found the right one. Foxy Beaver Taxidermy in Big Lake. I gave her a call and she was a great help. We were able to work out all the details with getting it from North Pole down to her. Turn around is 6-9 months. So everything is looking good. I'll let you all know when I get it back. Thanks for all the help. http://www.foxybeaver.com/portfolio-lifesize.htm

Comment

So why isn't there a hunt/trap report over on the predator forum? C'mon man, you've got to share the story of your first lynx!

Comment

I was just about to send you the same information. She is wonderful to work with, I think you'll be very proud of her work once it returns home. Her photography skills arent the best, so we are working with her to get her website up and looking nice.

Originally posted by AKHunterNP View Post
              Looks like I finally found the right one. Foxy Beaver Taxidermy in Big Lake. I gave her a call and she was a great help. We were able to work out all the details with getting it from North Pole down to her. Turn around is 6-9 months. So everything is looking good. I'll let you all know when I get it back. Thanks for all the help. http://www.foxybeaver.com/portfolio-lifesize.htm
              "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Comment

Brian

I'm working on it. I'm still trying to figure out how to get pics on here.

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                So why isn't there a hunt/trap report over on the predator forum? C'mon man, you've got to share the story of your first lynx!

Comment

I really like the one mounted on the log. Congrats again.

Steve
                  "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Steve,
                    Thanks. The one on the log is the one we decided on. I got it out to them today. Kathy and Steve are great people.

Comment

lynx photos

a few lynx pics-
                      Attached Files
                      edit signature here

Comment

Originally posted by hooternanny View Post
                        a few lynx pics-
                        I have to ask if you got in deep poo over the blood on the carpet...LOL

Very nice looking Lynx, Congrats

Steve
                        "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Nice

that is one beautiful cat, nice

But hey you guys, we don't even know how your're capturing these cats yet?

Trapped, ...Called in,....

Stumbled onto in thicket and wrestled it down, thus no blood on carpet???
                          (oh i guess I see a little bit there)

It's March and a Lynx story or two would captivate us all
                          Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Comment

the best way to get lynx......

i use the ball and string method.

have you ever tried it?
                            edit signature here

Comment

Got mine in a snare. I just threw this snare up quickly and wasn't really expecting much from it as this was my first year working snares.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X