European Moose mount pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Moose mount pics

Anybody have any pic's of a euro moose they would like to post? I'm trying to get some ideas on what to do with a moose rack. Thanks, Ken

Here are a couple pics of a 60"er I shot a couple years back
    Attached Files
    "One Last Cast"

Comment

Man, I sure like the look of those!! Kind of a pain in the butt to do, as the horns don't "boil" well, or make the head easy to do.....

Gonna have to put that on my "to do" list!
      Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Comment

From 2008

Done by Clint's crew at Tundra Taxidermy (Anchorage/Wasilla). Good, timely service (2 months). Good finished product. Euro's sure beat a shoulder mount when pressed for space and $$$. Good luck.

DS
        Attached Files

Comment

YES, that's what I'm talking about. Now if anyone wants to post a few pics of moose horn on a panel(plaque) to compare, that would be appreciated also. Keep em coming folks... Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskan22 View Post
            Man, I sure like the look of those!! Kind of a pain in the butt to do, as the horns don't "boil" well, or make the head easy to do.....

Gonna have to put that on my "to do" list!

What...a comment about something besides your ox..this will definitly throw your 15/16 negative comment ratio way off ! Coudnt resist pokin fun of others!

Yes it was a pain in the butt but well worth it. Boiling and cleaning the skull was really hard. I tried many different techniques. You can tell it aint no professional job but I saved lots of money doing it and it makes it that much better to look at.
            "One Last Cast"

Comment

hey fk 107

fk 107, how in the world did you manage to boil that moose skull? it looks great in the photo you posted!

reason i ask is i found a dandy 63" winterkill last spring. i have boiled many an antelope, deer, and elk skull, but the way moose antlers grow out of the skull they make it impossible to submerge the skull in the water w/o submerging the antlers...got any tips for a failure like me?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Berto View Post
                fk 107, how in the world did you manage to boil that moose skull? it looks great in the photo you posted!

reason i ask is i found a dandy 63" winterkill last spring. i have boiled many an antelope, deer, and elk skull, but the way moose antlers grow out of the skull they make it impossible to submerge the skull in the water w/o submerging the antlers...got any tips for a failure like me?!?!

It was not easy...I took a 55 gallon drum and cut the top 2/3's off and made side notches in the remaining to fit the antlers in. I will get you a pic next week once my pan becomes uncovered. IT worked well for boiling. Still had lots of picking and scraping to make sure it was clean. That is the biggest thing...It would be stinky if you had anything left in there.
                "One Last Cast"

Comment

Here is a set I mounted on a nice piece of wood.

Steve
                  "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

here some i just finished
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by harterstaxidermy View Post
                      here some i just finished
                      Those look real nice richard!! Cant wait to see my bison that you are doing...yes I still have a ways to wait
                      "One Last Cast"

Comment

Go Fake

I know you can buy an imitation version of bou euro mounts. I assume you can buy them for moose also. The only ones I have seen are the true Euro mounts with-out the top teeth.

Skip the boiling process. Just attach your antlers to an imitation skull. But then again the smell of boiling skulls is awesome, who would want to miss out on that?

Comment

I've got a friend that has a 65"er done European style and it is one of the most impressive mounts I have ever seen. Every time I go to his house I can't help but stare at it. Should I bag a 60"+ bull I will be doing the European style mount.

Comment

I saw the other day

a European mount that the plaque that it was on was cut in the shape of a moose's head! I thought that it was pretty neat! My wife has one done that way and it looks good. I wish I would have kept my daughters 60" bull with the skull on, but conditions were so bad that there was no way I could get the head and horns out together. It was tough enough getting a quarter out at a time!

Comment

Those fake skulls are small and dont look good, also their low profile could be a problem getting antlers to clear the wall. All of my bigger bulls are euro style, I had the taxi do the first few and then I started doing them myself wood to wall, very easy process. Here is my bull from last Sept. This one went to the bug guy and I did the rest.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X