life size black bear ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• life size black bear ideas

Got a nice bear and kids talked me into a life size. Hoping to see some ideas of mounts so post em if you got them. thanks.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Brown bear w/ chum

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	2492954

Brown bear,
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
      Got a nice bear and kids talked me into a life size. Hoping to see some ideas of mounts so post em if you got them. thanks.
      I like bears that will be on a floor base mounted in an uphill walking pose. This will put the bears face a little more at eye level. If you are going to put it on a raised base then a slight downhill is nice. I also prefer a slightly open mouth versus aggressive wide open.

Not a huge fan of upright poses but they are popular and won't take up as much floor space as the standing or walking form. Standing with one paw raised is also nice.

I have a brown bear cub sitting on its bum with its foot on a large Japanese glass float at the shop... mounted on an altered black bear form.

Congratulations on your bear!
      Taxidermy IS art!
      www.alaskawildliferugs.com
      Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

That would make a cool mount Jessie, with a slightly open mouth, maybe some blue berries in his mouth
        In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Pat,

The possibilities are many, so part of your decision process should involve where you locate it in the house/trophy room. Some display areas limit the pose, especially if on a wall base. Also, any floor pose should be on a base with casters so it can be moved easily. An interactive pose with another animal may be something you want to explore, but is a little more costly. Some folks like to recapture the activity the bear was engaged in right before they took it. Finally, some bears have unique characteristics such as white chest blazes or old scars that may factor into how you want to display the animal.

Do some internet searches for lifesize bear mounts and sit down with your selected taxidermist to go over some catalogs and ideas.

Name:	new base trim4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	2492962

Comment

Life size

Name:	House Mounts 004.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	2493107 Not the best of pictures but this is what I got done for 2 of our Blackies..
            "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

Comment

This is one I mounted for a friend, his first bear.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

What a great pose Stid, very nice!

Comment

Cool to see a black bear hide on that form... That is the exact form I used for the small brown bear I got at fur rondy.. Had to put a different head on it, of course...

Nice work stid!
                  Taxidermy IS art!

Comment

Here's one I recently finished. His left foot is under his chin.

Comment

That's a cool mount full cry... I always like seeing mounts with expressions other than the typical alert stare.
                      Taxidermy IS art!

Comment

Thanks Juli. And you save $20 on a set of eyes! I'm doing a lion right now that's really different.

Comment

Originally posted by FullCryHounds View Post
                          Here's one I recently finished. His left foot is under his chin.
                          Absolutely love this mount...!!! :topjob::topjob::topjob:
                          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Here is the form I had my taxidermist use on my 6 foot black.
                            Attached Files

Comment

You can always do the "democrat" bear mount.......

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X