Waterfowl mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterfowl mount

So my son just took his very first mallard drake. And I would love to get it mounted for him. Does anyone know who Does waterfowl taxidermy up here in fairbanks?

I quit doing birds about 10 years ago because I take in too many Mammals.

Just a word of caution, Look at the taxidermists customers birds that they are currently working on before just leaving the drake with a guy that says he does a good job on birds.

A good job on birds is as easy to see as a bad one.

If it looks like it has ruff feather placement /Grooming, the legs are Straight & long, the body looks elongated, or over sized, & are the feet shrunken or miss shapen & Eye rings out of shape & shrunken up ?

All indicators of a sloppy job on birds.

As I said I do not mount bids anymore but I used to compete with birds & won a few awards with them.

Good luck
    RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks www.protaxidermy.com
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

Comment

If you don't find one up there, there is a guy down here that is highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Birds by Ed in Big Lake is who I'd recommend. He only does bird and is really good

Comment

I have had a pheasant done by Ed and it is very nice. He currently has a drake woodie of mine that should be done soon. Dropped it off last Nov.

Comment

Not in AK but these two guys have tons of pictures of birds to help you get an idea of how you want him mounted:

http://www.birdmanstudios.com/

http://www.waterfowler.net/Artistic/index.php

Comment

Ed does really great birds. I highly recommend him.
              Taxidermy IS art!
              www.alaskawildliferugs.com
              Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X