Rug Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rug Cost

Was curious as to what the cost is to get a black bear rug done with the skull. Hoping to get a black bear this summer and curious about the price. Thanks in advance for your help.:question:

Originally posted by Georgia Turkey Hunter View Post
    Was curious as to what the cost is to get a black bear rug done with the skull. Hoping to get a black bear this summer and curious about the price. Thanks in advance for your help.:question:
    It depends on where you get it done, and which taxidermist you use. I suggest you narrow it down to a few taxidermists you're comfortable with, and get their price and preferred skinning/hide prep techniques before heading out to hunt. Here's a link to taxidermists' web sites across the nation (note that it's not all-inclusive, but should give you a place to start):

http://www.taxidermy.net/taxidermists/tlinks.html

Good luck!

Comment

$150.00 to $200.00 per foot?
      No habitat, no hunter.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'll be with a guide who knows how to skin it and prep it. Was just curious about cost.

Thanks again.

Comment

Most shops charge $150-$200 per foot like 6xLeech stated but that does not include the skull.

From what I have seen most shops charge $150-$200 to clean and whiten a bear skull.
          http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

I charge 200 a linear foot on rugs and 125.00 to clean, degrease and whiten a black bear skull.. 150.00 on brown bears.

Hoytguy
            Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X