First Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Fox

Got to watch my oldest son Alex take his first fox last week. He took it with a .17 hmr and dropped it on the first shot from about 75 yards. He was quite happy as this was about our 10th stalk this season and he finally connected. Dad was pretty proud of him too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P3100030.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	2509406Click image for larger version

Name:	P3100029.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	2509407
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

NICE!!!!! good lookin fox! was it rubbed at all?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

No rubs, the hide was in great shape. Should make a great wall hanger and conversation piece.
      MMSI#

Comment

great job!
        nice shot, 75 yards at a fox thats not easy.
        “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Comment

Good looking animal! Just spot and stalk, see him out riding? Little bit of a story. Once again great job!

Comment

Love the high tech camo!

Comment

Saw the fox out on a lake but he made it to the woods before we could get there on snowmobiles. So, we just sat quietly and waited until he started moving around again. He didn't run far into the woods and soon Alex spotted him again. I was pretty surprised by the shot. I figured that fox was long gone. From alex's perspective, he could see up a draw and that is where he shot the fox.

The camo is the new hi vis stuff that allows you to find your kid quickly when seperated from you out in the woods. Luckily, Alex loves the color orange so it works out well.
              MMSI#

Comment

Way to go! Nice to see anchorage still has a few of your types kickin' around. Thanks for sharing that, hope we get to see his second, third, fourth and so on also!
                It's funny how we all practice hitting a dime at 200 yards endlessly, but we are always surprised when we hit something! I am at least...
                Congrats, let the boy know we all said so.
                "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ebbtide View Post
                  ...The camo is the new hi vis stuff that allows you to find your kid quickly when seperated from you out in the woods.
                  Funny AND smart too! Congratulations, Guys!
                  Looking forward to Spring.
                  No habitat, no hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by 6XLeech View Post
                    Funny AND smart too! Congratulations, Guys!
                    Looking forward to Spring.
                    Yeah, mine wear hunter orange hats when out in the woods. Very nice to glance back and see to bright orange bobbing heads trailing along behind me when going through thick cover.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X