Another Kenai Coyote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Kenai Coyote

Another case of being in the right place at the right time, or as they say, pure %&#@ luck. Taken at 419 yards with a Ruger M77V, .220 Swift made in 1976. 55 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip Varmint – 43.5 grs IMR 4831-Fed. 210M primer and WW cases. Nothing like a Swift that consistently shoots nickel size groups at 200 yards for this kind of work. This female weighed 27 pounds and has a nice thick pelt. Beautiful sunny day about 3:00 PM.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0106.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	2509345

Did you call it or spot and stalk?

Loren

Comment

Originally posted by Reese Outdoors View Post
      Did you call it or spot and stalk?

Loren
      Not calliing, just wandering the country. When the sun is out in mid-winter they seem to want to be out in it and once in a while I'll get lucky. No stalk on this one, spotted her as she came out from behind a clump of small spruce in otherwise fairly open country. Just dropped to kneeling position and used a small spruce for a rest and took her.

Comment

Did I read that correctly, 419 yards? If so, well done! Must have been pretty still air. Yous ure do a lot of walking/hiking in the right places. Nice post.

Comment

Originally posted by OATS View Post
          Did I read that correctly, 419 yards? If so, well done! Must have been pretty still air. Yous ure do a lot of walking/hiking in the right places. Nice post.
          Well thanks, yeah, it was 419, and you got the still air right, one of those rare sunny days that was absolutley dead calm. I think it works out to around 50 miles of walking per coyote. I just haven't had good results with calling but maybe next year I'll get a FoxPro.

Comment

Originally posted by sameyer View Post
            Not calliing, just wandering the country. When the sun is out in mid-winter they seem to want to be out in it and once in a while I'll get lucky. No stalk on this one, spotted her as she came out from behind a clump of small spruce in otherwise fairly open country. Just dropped to kneeling position and used a small spruce for a rest and took her.

Lucky dog. I mean you, not the coyote.

Comment

Unlucky Dog

I mean the coyote Remind me not to bet you on shooting proficiency. I'm not sure I could have seen her much less hit her. Sounds like you sure work hard for your fun. Good photo, thanks for sharing.
              ARR

Comment

Wow, that's some impressive shooting. Good job, keep on hiking and getting those coyote's, it's obviously working out for you.

Comment

nice coyote!! and an even better shot! keep on sniping em,
                  “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X