trapping pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trapping pics

Here's a few from last week.Wish we had more snow!Cats open on the 1st.

Nice pics Steve

Nice photos Steve, hopefully we all get snow soon. My fox trapping has been TOUGH this year and will remain so until we get some white stuff. Here is a good shot of one overlooking the Bering Sea.

Comment

Good pics

Right on, go get em!
      Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
      "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
      Μολών λαβέ

Comment

Weve got a little

Picks of my first lynx that i caught in a fox snare last week. Too bad hes about 20 some days out of season. Had to turn him in!
        http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...ing2006002.jpg

Comment

Nice looking cat hillbilly!Good size and color.Probably would have got you about $200.00 for that one.What area are you trapping?Looks like a good year on cats from Glennallen to Fairbanks this year.Good luck!

Comment

Might want to lower your fox snares hillbilly. A large lynx like that shouldn't get in a fox snare unless maybe it gets a leg thru. Shame to lose the income from a large male.
            Steve..........200? Any buyers near you actually paying that?
            I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
            I have less friends now!!

Comment

Martentrapper,sold 3 last year all over $200.00.Kept another two for mounts.My tax guy called a few days ago and said my full size is done.I had it chasing two sharp tails(a male and female)off a rock.I will post pics and soon as I pay for it(this spring).

Comment

nice pics. Thanks for sharing
                Living the Alaskan Dream
                Gary Keller
                Anchorage, AK

Comment

Hillbilly

What...are you trapping on Ft Rich?

Comment

200 bucks is a real good price. Better let the rest of these guys know where that buyer is so they can get that too, if they get good ones.
                    You guys down there are fotunate, your trapping a building lynx pop. Pretty sure mine will be gone in a year or 2.
                    3, all over 200, and you STILL don't have a digital cam? Am I going to have to send you one for xmas? Hahahahaha.
                    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
                    I have less friends now!!

Comment

A few more pics from this last week

Comment

sal and martintrapper

Sal I have two lines one on Eielson afb and one on FT Wainwright. Martintrapper that snare was set 8in. off the ground with an 8 in. loop. Any lower than that and im wasting snares on rabbits. Im not sure how he got in it but he sure did it right.The guy at fish and game weighed him at 33 ILBS. Im not sure if thats big but i would have mounted him because he was my first lynx. Hillbilly

Comment

Trapperbob,great pictures!I have been trapping marten in paper box's for years.I like using them because the set stay's working no matter the weather conditions,less birds also.Something I found that might interest you is to cut the first4-6"'s off the box and then make your slots for your coni's.A pair of tin snips or garden shears works real well.The box's still stack nice inside of each other and you cut lots of weight.Since I have no snow yet I pack a 12 box's(6 side by side)on my pack frame.I also found using bungi cords to fasten them to leaning trees works great instead of have to cut and fish wire thru the box.It take's me about 2 minutes to make a set(with the box's pre baited at home)and then off to the next one.

Comment

Hillybilly,it happens sometimes.I had the pleasure last year of watching a lynx stalk a rabbit and I swear he did the belly crawl forever along a snowmachine trail.When you catch your next one think about a rug(like a bear rug).They look awesome rugged out!Here is some lynx pictures from last year.

This one went 38#'s,

Comment

A few pics from the past

Here are some pics of past years. Wolverines are my favorites. But beaver are very fun and the occasional pig is great.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X