Stolen Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Gear

Had all my gear stolen this past week. Went to pull all my sets today and everything was gone. If anyone hears someone bragging about "finding" a bunch of gear please let me know where they "found" it. Lost about 200 dollars. No catch circles, chewed sticks, blood, fur or packed down areas, just missing gear. Still had the support wires on some. The thing I don't get was the first snare was closed and hung in a tree all the rest of the gear (snares and traps) was gone. I know it's a long shot but weirder things have happpened this past few weeks with missing critters being found by word of mouth.
    Proud Member of the
    Alaska Frontier Trappers Association

I'm sorry to hear that arrowslinger. I know how it feels to have traps and gear stolen, its a cruddy feeling for sure.

Karma will catch up with them!
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry. That seriously sucks. I hope they fall into a frozen river leaving your gear by the hole. J.

Comment

Lost gear

Arrowslinger,
        If you have not already done so, please report your loss to the AST Wildlfe Enforcement folks. Might help get the stuff back, especially if you had any "markings" on your foot-hold traps. At the very least, it makes a record of the theft in case your gear shows up somewhere "out of season".
        Too bad these kind of folks continue to exist in the gene pool. I often wonder if it is "bad trappers" doing this kind of thing or just "anti's" that decided to take matters into their own hands. While the end result is the same (loss of equipment and/or fur), I guess I would feel a little better knowing it wasn't another trapper.
        I'll keep my ears open for any word of your gear and also spread the word around with the folks I know. Good luck!

Comment

man

:mad:That blows,I know how you feel.Some P.O.S. ran over my boys rat push ups and stole 2 of his traps good thing we pulled all but 3 of them(they missed one).Will keep an eye out for a good deal on some gear for you.

Comment

Good grief, Jim and I are always wondering why folks can't keep their grubby fingers off of things! I did however find out that my moultrie trail camera works at 5 below and has been working fine now for about a week!
            "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Comment

Dam Jim, sorry about your loss. Almost makes a trapper want to double set a bear trap within range of other traps. Wouldnt want the moose, n/m, sounding like a vigilanti now--my bad.
              I give thanks to the vetrans, as they have aided in my priviledge to hunt and fish the great State of AK. and alow me to sleep safely at night.sigpic

Comment

I wish I had set up a camera. Actually I wish I didn't have the need to set up a camera. There was nobody up there all year. Not one single set of tracks off the main trail anywhere. I make tight turns and beat through the thick stuff so nobody can follow on skis or snowmobile, just in case they get curious. This was definitely somebody on foot and definitely looking. Still seems odd that the first snare was closed and hanging head high on my trail and everything else was gone. Actually they left my newspaper and planter boxes that were still wired to the trees. Figured I'd grab them when I went back with my pull sled and basket to pick up all my fox and coyote stuff. The trip out was a pretty quick and easy walk, just look down, kick around a bit and then walk on. About 5 years ago we had someone follow our trail and stole all my son's stuff. He actually had one missing where there was a definite catch circle left behind. That one made me pretty mad. This time I am not in the same frame of mind. I am now on a more, investigate, catch, and embarrass this person publicly. They are obviously some sort of outdoors type person snowmachiner, skier, snowshoer, trapper gone bad, smalll game hunter, etc. If I can catch them I want all their friends and acquaintances to know who they are hanging out with. I want to go make some human sets. Traps as bait and camera as the capture device, or one of those foot snares attached to a springy tree so they'd be hanging upside down when I get back. I like the last method better. I'd hang a picture of that one up everywhere and post it on every board I could find.
                Proud Member of the
                Alaska Frontier Trappers Association

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                  If I can catch them I want all their friends and acquaintances to know who they are hanging out with. I want to go make some human sets. Traps as bait and camera as the capture device, or one of those foot snares attached to a springy tree so they'd be hanging upside down when I get back. I like the last method better. I'd hang a picture of that one up everywhere and post it on every board I could find.
                  Sorry to hear things like this. I think that your idea is a good one and I think that I would make it a personal goal to make it happen to me. If you don't catch him, God will certainly be keeping track.
                  Semper Fi and God Bless

Comment

Yea about 8 years ago when we were trapping up there we had found a wolf kill and set it. It was off in the woods, Jim had set traps all around it...we went back to check them and everything was gone. Needless to say that was our last year trapping there.
                    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Comment

Arrowslinger

Hope to see a picture of a trap thief hanging upside down on the front page of the Anch Daily News, and on this forum soon. Let me know if I can be of assistance, nothing I hate worse than a lazy a%* thief.

Mike

Another Proud Member of the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association

Comment

Trap thieves

Arrowslinger,
                        I'll provide the spring and the snare cable if you need an assist!

Yet another, proud member of the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association!

Comment

Stolen Gear.

Hi arrowslinger.
                          I know how you feel,it has happened to lots of us,in the past we would loose our rabbit traps,which are now illegal,(with all the Animal Rights Laws in place).
                          As mentioned there are some Low-lifes out there who can't leave other peoples things alone.
                          Hope they find the thieves,& your gear is returned/replaced.
                          liphooked.

Comment

set them up

Those that are brave and stupid enough to do such a thing will strike again. I sounds like there are plenty here willing to help. Beg or borrow a few sets and have the camera in place. They always say that a ciminal returns to the scene of a crime. I hope and pray that you catch them!!!!
                            Semper Fi and God Bless

Comment

dirty rotten thieves

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm sure the deadbeat(s) will pay for their actions one way or another. But, if there was no sign of anyone around all summer, maybe it was the "Mad Trapper of Rat River"s son, might want to keep your eyes open......

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X