Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My second fox, our third for the season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My second fox, our third for the season.

After dealing with a frozen 4 wheeler, and all the ice on the roads and trails! I had a nice surprise waiting for me today in a whole set which had not seen any action all season.

I'm one up on the hubby this year. This guy was feisty! I dispatch them by kneeling on them with their head under control with the axe handle. I ended up getting peed on. If you have ever smelled fox urine, you know what I'm saying when I say I stink right now! Off to the showers and headed to town.

"In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Two!?

You're getting to be a real "Foxy" lady.:eek:
    Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

Sweeeet!

Way to go Deb, you better take it easy on the big guy, your going to give him a complex.

Just Kidding Jim!
      Pass it on, take a child hunting, fishing or trapping.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice maybe he should let you do the sets and he should stick to the fur shed.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Good Job!!! Looks like your snow conditions were the same as mine.
          2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
          150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
          Call Sign - "Defiance"

Comment

Nice pickup, I just caught my first a week or so ago. Congrats!

Comment

Thank you everyone! Ted, its funny the running joke around here is when I go with him we never catch anything, but when he goes alone he always brings something home. This afternoon he said from now on I need to do the checking and he'll stay home....(Dube you had the right idea!) lol!

I know a second or third fox doesn't mean a whole lot to most folks who trap, being a woman most everything was always done for me and alot of things still are. It's kinda nice having the line to myself, coming up on an animal and having that adrenaline pumping in my system thinking...Ok, how can I do this without putting a hole in him/her and keeping those sharp little teeth away from my fingers.

As for my chickens, they thank me!
              "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Comment

Nice catch! I tried a wolverine with my bunny boot once and it was not as clean.

Comment

Oh my gosh Tony, what a visual!

Comment

Hmmm Wolverine, Bunnies, Foxes...

Ptarmigan are sounding good. Get any of those around the traps? Wanna go play with our bows?
                    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Comment

Congrats on another fox!

Always enjoy reading the excitement in your posts! Is the big guy up on the slope while your catching all these fox?

Comment

Northway you know it, BOTH times! lol

Comment

up that sounds like a blast but we don't get em where we are. We need to be a bit higher to get those guys.
                          Lots of spruce chickens though. That might be a idea!

Originally posted by upinak View Post
                          Hmmm Wolverine, Bunnies, Foxes...

Ptarmigan are sounding good. Get any of those around the traps? Wanna go play with our bows?

Comment

Deb, great to see you getting out and having some success! So how is the skinning and boarding going for ya?
                            Mark Richards
                            www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

Originally posted by Huntress View Post
                              up that sounds like a blast but we don't get em where we are. We need to be a bit higher to get those guys.
                              Lots of spruce chickens though. That might be a idea!

Deb I think that is something we should do. Ptarmigan is yummy. I wanna make a roasted Ptarmigan with a blueberry or cranberry glaze, stuffed with some kind of cornbread stuffing?

What do you think?
                              No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X