hide tanning in FAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hide tanning in FAI

I'm new to trapping and recently got my first lynx; the animal has been skinned and the hide fleshed. I don't have the time (nor the experience) to try to tan it myself and am wondering if there's anybody in FAI who tans hides?

Rj Simington at pro taxidermy.<br/>In house and great work.<br/>Bk<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by crmcd79 View Post
      I'm new to trapping and recently got my first lynx; the animal has been skinned and the hide fleshed. I don't have the time (nor the experience) to try to tan it myself and am wondering if there's anybody in FAI who tans hides?
      Just a FYI, if this is the first animal you have "fleshed", don't be surprised when you go to take it in for tanning and the guy says it's NOT fleshed. There's a bit more to fleshing a hide correctly than you might think. I found that out many years ago with my first black bear that I "thought" I had fleshed.
      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkmail View Post
        Rj Simington at pro taxidermy.<br/>In house and great work.<br/>Bk<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        thanks for the info.

Comment

Al at Fairbanks Fur Tannery at the north end of Peger Rd.
          Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by akgriz View Post
            Al at Fairbanks Fur Tannery at the north end of Peger Rd.
            appreciate it. i got in touch w/ pro taxidermy but apparently they don't do cat hides. that said, the lady recommended the same guy as you have. thanks again.

Comment

Morris Custom hides in North Pole is the best in the area

Comment

I have not hunted wild animals, but will experience with rabbit skins help when working with wild animal skins? My parents have a farm, they breed meat rabbits. We make the skins and then they can be used for sewing clothes, I even have a rabbit cover for the sofa.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X