Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fur Harvester's Auction Results

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fur Harvester's Auction Results


    What's up with the FHA? I sent in a bunch of furs last March, the Auction was cancelled back in March and May due to Covid. They suspended the auction until August 30-31. I just looked at the results. Looks like only about a third of my hides sold. What gives? Is there something going on with the market we should be aware of? Gosh dang, with these kind of results I might not trap this winter.

  • #2
    Just a quick update. So I talked to the guy who collects my hides and sends them in to the FHA and he says that the reason why lynx and marten hides aren't selling is because only Canadian brokers went to the auction. Apparently normally Korean and Chinese buyers buy up the lynx and marten but they aren't going to the auction because of covid.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
      Just a quick update. So I talked to the guy who collects my hides and sends them in to the FHA and he says that the reason why lynx and marten hides aren't selling is because only Canadian brokers went to the auction. Apparently normally Korean and Chinese buyers buy up the lynx and marten but they aren't going to the auction because of covid.
      So.......is it possible for you to get the unsold furs returned to you......??? Is there a local market...???

      "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AGL4now View Post

        So.......is it possible for you to get the unsold furs returned to you......??? Is there a local market...???
        Unfortunately, no. My local dealer that sends my hides in says the hides will be re-offered again at the next auction in January. Hopefully the Chinese and Koreans will be at the next auction. I wish though, because I've already had several offers from local buyers.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wouldn’t stop trapping. I’d hold onto your furs until the Covid run is over. Or sell them on taxidermy.net, most taxidermists don’t even want them skinned. Or send them to Moyle to tan and sell on the local market.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
            I wouldn’t stop trapping. I’d hold onto your furs until the Covid run is over. Or sell them on taxidermy.net, most taxidermists don’t even want them skinned. Or send them to Moyle to tan and sell on the local market.
            Yeah thanks for the tips. The furs will go back into the next auction, hopefully sometime in January. But what a pain in the butt. But yes I do actually have some furs at Moyle's right now that I plan on selling to a few friends and maybe even the Fur Rondy.

            Comment

            Footer Adsense

            Collapse
            Working...
            X