Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lynx/otter pics

Took a while to chip this one out.

Here's a remake of the set/ Two otter's down, a few more to go.

This guy was a little upset. 28#er

Comment

that otter looks like a possum in that pic nice lynx!
      I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Maybe suspending the snare just a little higher off the ground will diminish chances of the lynx getting part way thru the snare?
        I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
        I have less friends now!!

Comment

I think your right martentrapper. I still have a hard time setting the height of my lynx snares after snaring fox for so long.

Comment

Steve, very nice pic and congrads to a great start this year. I wish I had the time to trap like that. Keep up the great work!

Curt

Comment

Steve, the distance between the tip of my thumb and the tip of my pointer finger is 8 in., that is fox snare height for me.
              The distance between thumb and little finger is just shy of 10 in. That distance(10 in.) plus one inch of thin air is lynx snare height for me. I make my lynx snare loop roughly 9 in.
              I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
              I have less friends now!!

Comment

Love the otter and lynx,

If I could find otter sign like that out in PWS, I'd be in hog heaven. AH
                2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
                150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
                Call Sign - "Defiance"

Comment

Martentrapper, yeah you have me beat by an inch on the hands and I set all my fox snares between the thumb and pinky(9") and get em everytime. I have been trying to raise it up for the cats but it's tough to walk away after making a set and seeing that snare that high in the air,LOL. I sure like my cubby's but those snares are alot faster to set. Thanks!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X