Lynx with a .22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx with a .22?

Hunting hares today I caught movement off to my left on the edge of a beaver pond. I froze and watched. Darn Lynx walked out at 50 feet broadside from me. Never knew I was there and I had a perfect shot. "IF" it was in season would a .22 high velocity: A. Kill it. B. Probably going to run off and die and I'll never find it. C. I now have a very pissed off cat and the afternoon is going to get interesting fast.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

I've shot 2 lynx with a .22 LR both died within 20 feet. a .22 Mag is probably better by .22 LR does the job.

Note: range for both was between 20-30 yards.

Comment

I am pretty sure it will do it. But as my Professional Hunter in Africa once said chasing someone's buffalo: It looks like it might be a stiches kind of day. I was looking in the sock drawer last night while packing and noticed 4 sets of hospital socks. It has been an interesting life in Alaska.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
        ..It looks like it might be a stiches kind of day.....

Sounds like the man had some experience!
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

been there done it and wouldn't hesitate to do it again though I carry a 22 mag or a 223 now days The one I shot was at about 40 yrds and it dropped like a rock it was 20+ yrs ago and I have no idea what kind of ammo I was running that day.
          meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Comment

You could probably kill a polar bear with a .22 if the shot was placed properly. Lynx aren't that tough. I'm always surprised at how quickly they die in a snare when I trap them. When I set snare poles for them, I often tie the snares to sticks about as wide around as a walking stick. And they rarely go very far in the snare. Maybe 10 or 20 feet tops. The nice thing about using a .22 is that it won't damage the fur.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X