Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 204tcak
    replied
    Not to worry, long cut is the decaf version of the original. Flavor dont last compaired to "snuff". Shouldn't have any problems :topjob:

Leave a comment:

• Ak River Rat
    replied
    Funny stuff, well sort of. You ask about spitting, and get told to quit. Guess you expected that really though. You've been around enough. Anybody, (like me) telling somebody (like you) cancer stories won't really help. You all know the drill; do the deed, increase the odds. I didn't have a choice to quit something, save money, and avoid cancer. Wish it had been that easy. Maybe I ought to just go ahead and start an account. Every 6 months clean and free of cancer gets something added to the jar for a special treat when I hit the 5 year mark and they stamp "CURED" on my papers.
    NAH! Not worth waiting for. It's time to live life large. Already bought the plane this spring, just got back from TN where I took my female lab to breed to a HOTROD, and have some other "live life large" things in the works.
    Good luck on both; breaking the bad habit, and a great trapping season,
    ARR

Leave a comment:

• FurFishGame
    replied
    Originally posted by slimm View Post
    If ya get your mind right there ain't any physical withdrawal.
    It's all about getting your mind right though!
    Don't go into it thinking this is gonna be tough, set a date, January 31st is a good one cuz you're past all the big meals and parties of the holiday season.
    Start telling yourself right now that this is no big deal, and it really isn't unless you make it out to be!
    Know deep down in your heart that you're in control, not that spendy lil can of worm dirt, it ain't got a heart, it ain't got a brain and it ain't got a soul, how the hell can it control you?
    Just go ahead and stuff yer jowls full of all that crap you want from now till January 31st knowing full well that on that date yer done and just move on, end of story!

I smoked for 35 years, made several feeble attempts to quit, once I made my mind up that this is not a big deal, it's only a big deal because i'm making it a big deal,from then on it was really quite simple to leave em alone.
    Its not as hard this time as it was last time. I really havent struggled with being pissed or anything,one problem im loving is im pretty much always starving! The more the day progresses the easier it gets, cause its really not that hard!

Leave a comment:

• slimm
    replied
    If ya get your mind right there ain't any physical withdrawal.
    It's all about getting your mind right though!
    Don't go into it thinking this is gonna be tough, set a date, January 31st is a good one cuz you're past all the big meals and parties of the holiday season.
    Start telling yourself right now that this is no big deal, and it really isn't unless you make it out to be!
    Know deep down in your heart that you're in control, not that spendy lil can of worm dirt, it ain't got a heart, it ain't got a brain and it ain't got a soul, how the hell can it control you?
    Just go ahead and stuff yer jowls full of all that crap you want from now till January 31st knowing full well that on that date yer done and just move on, end of story!

I smoked for 35 years, made several feeble attempts to quit, once I made my mind up that this is not a big deal, it's only a big deal because i'm making it a big deal,from then on it was really quite simple to leave em alone.

Leave a comment:

• jkb
    replied
    I've quit for a ten year stretch and am now on a 2 year stretch. Forget cold turkey, get some nicotine gum and sun flower seeds. If you don't want to quit in your heart and mind you have a high percentage chance of failure. Get thru the physical withdrawals and if your mind is right it will be successful.

Leave a comment:

• Anythingalaska
    replied
    Originally posted by FurFishGame View Post
    keeps me awake, gets me goin, i work alot of 20+ hour shifts, which is why i started a couple years ago.. now anytime i try to quit my co workers tell me to start again cause for some reason they dont like me gettin all mad and pissy at them haha!

thats kinda what i was thinking, i wasnt sure if theyd be curious cause its not a "human" smell, like body odor or 2 day old hamburger grease and ketchup, or if its nasty and repulsive and will make everything avoid my line for 5 miles.. though provoking.. maybe another reason i should quit or substantionally cut back?
    Saliva isn't a 'human scent'? I wouldn't want to be spitting chew spit around where I was planning on trapping IMO. But I am also smart enough not to chew in the first place. Gross. I mean, you wouldn't take a leak next to where you have a trap set would you? If you're trapping marten or land otter I could see it being an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Yukon Cornelius
    replied
    Where do you find long horn?
    STOP IT!! LOL. You said you were going to quit...maybe youshould be asking where can I find a small car???

Leave a comment:

• limon32
    replied
    I am finishing off my last can tomorrow morning then im quitting cold turkey, we will see how it goes! As for 10 bucksa can, i think mine is only 5. 50. I dont use the fancy flavored stuff still,the 150 bucks a month would pay almost pay for a small car payment.. Quit chewing, get a new car. I love it!
    Great news! Put the money in a jar so you can see your reward! I do that and I'm about saved up for a .270!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Delta Tenderfoot
    replied
    I never dipped as long as some, but when I made the decision, I went luke warm turky. A friend turned me onto mint dip. It's just mint leaves and I used it more as a place holder as it has no buzz ability. It did keep me from reaching for a can now and again and even left my breath all minty. I still have a tin in my hunting pack for when you need to relax and wait for the plane.. Gook Luck, We're all pulling for ya!

Leave a comment:

• FurFishGame
    replied
    Originally posted by otterman View Post
    Real men don't spit On a predator line you better swallow it, marten and water critters like beaver and otter chew away, combination line like most guys run better off having selected places to empty your mouth or do like I did and learn to swallow it. Better off just quit been 5 yrs or so now for me and after chewing since I was in middle school makes me wonder why I didn't quit sooner
    Hey, spitters diserve the same treatment as swallowers, there should be no discrimination! I should start a movement

Leave a comment:

• FurFishGame
    replied
    Originally posted by Don_h View Post
    Switch to longhorn fine cut natural...save about $4 a can. I'd like to say quit, but remember, nobody likes a quitter.
    Where do you find long horn?
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-19-2014, 11:30.

Leave a comment:

• FurFishGame
    replied
    Originally posted by dkwarthog View Post
    I am with Otterman and Smokey. I chewed a can of COpenhagen a day for over 20 years, (OK maybe a bit less for the first couple of years)

I quit cold turkey 3 years ago and it was a bugger to quit. Really glad I quit, but still miss having a chew when hunting and trapping....

As far as spitting, I used to have a container on my snowmachine to spit into. If not, I'd spit on the cowling or the running boards behind where my feet touched it. I never intentionally spit near a set except for weasel family and water animals...

Good luck on the trapline. (Think of what you could buy with that 10 bucks a can you're spending on Cope!!!)
    I am finishing off my last can tomorrow morning then im quitting cold turkey, we will see how it goes! As for 10 bucksa can, i think mine is only 5. 50. I dont use the fancy flavored stuff still,the 150 bucks a month would pay almost pay for a small car payment.. Quit chewing, get a new car. I love it!

Leave a comment:

• Don_h
    replied
    Switch to longhorn fine cut natural...save about $4 a can. I'd like to say quit, but remember, nobody likes a quitter. Don't spit on your trail!
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-19-2014, 11:29.

Leave a comment:

• dkwarthog
    replied
    Fortunately for me when I started chewing in 1985, a can of copenhagen was about 90 cents. Unfortunately for me, between smokes and chew over the 25 years, I probably did waste about that much money.

Leave a comment:

• MacGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by dkwarthog View Post
    (Think of what you could buy with that 10 bucks a can you're spending on Cope!!!)

20 years x 365 x $10 =.............$73000

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X