First Lynx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Lynx

As I approached my 4th set yesterday, my heart was racing. I could see where the lynx had come out of the thick willows and was working the edge toward my set. As I approached, my heart sank and bitterness was starting to build. I could see the cat checked out my wing/CD combo and then promply stepped right next to my foothold and continued on the trail. Naturally I had put in a snare on his trail and naturally he stepped right around it! So, I relured, threw a another 4 coiled #3 Bridger and continued down to the next sets.

As I approached set number seven, I could see a little movement. I thought maybe it was just birds moving branch to branch, but I was WRONG! I had a lynx. My drought is over! She was caught in an outside of the cubbie foothold and it was a perfect, frontfoot whole pad catch. She was anchored good, so I took a couple pictures and dispatched it. I made another set further up the slough and headed home. YAHOOO!

Wow!!

Thats really a beautiful cat!! GeezI envy you guy's.... I've never seen a cat down here in Minnesota. One of the few things I haven't I guess, but it would be quiet a thrill!

reuben....
    "SUA SPONTE"
    "Illigitmati non Carborundum"

I'm 51..... thats 12 in man years.....

Comment

Very nice.

I'd love to trap but my job is a M-F and I can't get out into the field during the week.

How often do you have to check your traps?

Beautiful lynx.

Comment

Originally posted by KRS View Post
        Very nice.

I'd love to trap but my job is a M-F and I can't get out into the field during the week.

How often do you have to check your traps?

Beautiful lynx.
        I also have a M-F job, but most of my line is within 15 miles of my house. I can usually check the whole thing in 2 hours. I check 2-3 times a week.

Thanks for the comments.

Comment

Well... where's the second one !

Comment

Awesome photos! Congrats!!
            Women never look so well as when one comes in wet and dirty from hunting

Comment

Great photo!!! Nice to see that you finally got your lynx.
              Living the Alaskan Dream
              Gary Keller
              Anchorage, AK

Comment

Beautiful Lynx! I only hope I get to see one before I have to leave Alaska.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X