Bear foot-snaring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear foot-snaring

Anyone looking for equipment to get started with the predator management bear foot-snaring program, drop me a line.

Could you post some pictures of your sets and give some ideas on appropriate bait to use?
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Comment

Rob,
      Sent you a PM.

Comment

Just set out some baits today and will be going out to see if any were hit on Wednesday. If any are hit, I'll set them up with bucket snares and stay in the field until Saturday evening. Anyone else having any luck?

Comment

Originally posted by spike9542003@yahoo.com View Post
          Just set out some baits today and will be going out to see if any were hit on Wednesday. If any are hit, I'll set them up with bucket snares and stay in the field until Saturday evening. Anyone else having any luck?
          Yes, there are a lot of bears in that area. We have gotten a few already and hope to get more because we have seen plenty of bears in that area but zero moose.

Comment

Are you guys snaring brown bears or is it just black bears?

Comment

In the part of 16B where we were at, only black bears are allowed. Had a lot of hits on the buckets, but could not keep the bears from tearing them down this year. We'll try again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Are you guys snaring brown bears or is it just black bears?
                Both brown and black.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X