Marmots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marmots

Is there any market in Alaska for Marmots or are they simply fun shooting?

Why would you want to shoot something, just for the thrill? If you can't eat it, tan it or mount it, why bother?
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip? ALASKADIPNETTING.NET

Comment

You must recover the hides, it is the law. Taxidermists like them to mount with bears and such. They don't want big holes in them though.

Comment

My mistake meat or hide Pg. 14 trapping regs.

Comment

I sel all my skulls to "Skulls unlimited" I think they pay 5 or10 dollars for marmots, send them an E-mail or give them a call and see what they are i the market for.

don;'t for get to fry it in butter, and yes, thay are fun shooting
          Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Got a buddy say they are exellent eating after they are eating the lowbush blueberries, he said they'd roast them in the coals
            Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
            "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
            Μολών λαβέ

Comment

If your buddies say they are good eating, have them call me and I will let them have some moose meat instead. I used to live in Arkansas and some ate possum, doesn't mean it was right!!! It was mostly roadkill!!!
              If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip? ALASKADIPNETTING.NET

Comment

marmot is REALLY good eating. cooked up several on sheep hunts for clients, garlic butter in a skillet or pot...ya thats some smooth stuff! client ate the whole thing. fun to shoot and even fun to stalk, be a riot with a bow. hides are nice and easy skinning meats better than a rabbit and more of it. i'd focus on them for sure.
                Www.blackriverhunting.com
                Master guide 212

Comment

They are great eating, a cool little hide, and a ton of fun to shoot.
                  "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

If you can, go trap a few..
                    There fur is still good in the spring

Comment

ill take a marmot over a rabbit anyday......excellent eating and they are fun to watch also.....
                      sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Almost a bacon/porkish flavor if I remember right. Been awhile since I ate one, but they are certainly good eats.
                        Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Comment

Hmm there are 3 of them that live across the street from my house... hello bb gun perhaps...

Comment

I would rather eat a rodent in the blueberries than a berry fed griz. Sides that the rodent doesn't want to eat me back
                            Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
                            "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
                            Μολών λαβέ

Comment

I have a roadkill porkypine out in front of my house. Any of you above posters want em? Eat marmot? I'm sorry, it is like eating rats and I think I will pass. I have eaten raccoon,snake, alligator and wild boar but I gotta draw the line somewhere. I'll pass and let the little critters enjoy their lives.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X