Rabbit Recipes for a first time eater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit Recipes for a first time eater

Took my girlfriend out and she got her first rabbit a few weeks ago. We ended up with four. I was looking to you guys to see if you have any spactacular recipes for rabbit.
    I usually slow cook them in some milk covered with bread crums, but I'm trying to make it as appealing as possible so that she dosen't get truned off by it.
    I have a hand grinder if sausage is the way to go.
    I really want her to like it because I told her "if you kill it you gotta eat it" and she had a blast chasing them around.
    Thanks ahead of time,
    Brian

Quick and easy, Id go for biscuits and bunny. Cut the meat into bite size pieces, pan fry it with a little oil. Mix up some country style gravy. Serve over or next to biscuits.
    I don't have my sausage recipe right now, but search the forum there was a thread on rabbit sausage recipes a few months ago.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Comment

Here you go Brian... best I could do at the moment... the lady in charge of cooking is in Town at the moment...
      and she makes a great rabbit stroganoff but cooking is her dept, I just get to do the shooting.../John

Comment

Originally posted by Old John View Post
        Here you go Brian... best I could do at the moment... the lady in charge of cooking is in Town at the moment...
        and she makes a great rabbit stroganoff but cooking is her dept, I just get to do the shooting.../John

(had another Senior moment there)
        http://rabbithuntingonline.com/recip...bit_recipe.htm

Comment

Go to Wife's first rabbit on this thread and try out the bunny casserole. It is deliciouso

Comment

stew or I cut hte meat off and fry it like moose steak. if you cut the meat off, it, for some reason, is alot more tender than on the bone.
            Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!
              All sound great.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X