Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rossi .22/.410?????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rossi .22/.410?????

    I have heard and actually seen the poor accuary of the Rossi 243 in the trifeca. But what about the .22. Just looking for a cheap .410/.22 combo gun to leave at our cabin to plink around with if needed. Anyone have any experience with how the .22 shoots? What about the .410??

    Thanks for any info

  • #2
    Originally posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I have heard and actually seen the poor accuary of the Rossi 243 in the trifeca. But what about the .22. Just looking for a cheap .410/.22 combo gun to leave at our cabin to plink around with if needed. Anyone have any experience with how the .22 shoots? What about the .410??

    Thanks for any info
    Ya can't really go wrong with it in my opinion. Got one for my boy a couple years ago, and it's always his go-to gun for small game. I can't even get him to take his .22 auto anymore. I considered putting a scope on the .22 barrel, but he's quite content (and accurate) with the open sights.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have the 22/243/20ga combo and like it a lot. Friday #2 daughter and I were at the rifle range and I was playing with the rifle she wasn't using at the time. Open sights off hand I was holding everything inside 1.5 inches at 15 yds. Is that good or bad - guess it depends on what your point of reference is. Would I take it as my weapon of choice to a small bore match - no. Would I take it small game hunting with my daughters - yes.

      Just my nickel
      Drew
      Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

      Scott Adams

      Comment


      • #4
        My nephew uses it as his hare/grouse gun, and I've been pleased with it. That being said, we haven't tried out the .22 barrel yet. The .410 is a great performer, though.

        Comment


        • #5
          I picked up the .22/20 combo for my 10 year old son last November and both of us like it a lot. It's a great gun to teach responsibility and safety with. And I think the whole procedure of loading, cocking, removing safety adds to the enjoyment of shooting. And it is a fun rifle to shoot, and with its slower pace it becomes more economical, which helps me emphasize quality of shooting.

          Accuracy is good for the price. The 20 gauge has a bit more omf that I expected when we tried it but that was without a recoil pad on it, which I picked up one yesterday so this weekend we might see how much better it feels for him. That being said I imagine the .410 would be perfect on an unmodified gun.

          I got to looking with replacement barrels, with perhaps a different calibre at a later point in time and with the youth rifles you can not buy replacements. What it left the factory is the only options. I do not know if that is due to the mounting changes with the other Rossi lines or just a matter of no testing done to this line of rifles with various barrels. But the timing will probably work out that when he's ready for a larger calibre he'll also be ready for a larger length rifle.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the info everyone. Just got one on order through my FFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              My wife has the .22/410 and my son has a 308/20Ga. Both are great! The 308 is a little tack driver at a shade over 5 pounds.

              Comment


              • #8
                I guess since you have it on order that you won't need it, but...if you want to borrow mine, you're welcome to it. I won't be using it again until mid-summer.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
                  Thanks for the info everyone. Just got one on order through my FFL.
                  Out of curiosity, why go through the ffl? If I remember right, that gun was only about $125. Were you able to save any money or just giving the guy some business?
                  My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    my 22 rossi is pretty accurate. but it my was .243 that you saw me trying to pattern on that box..man it was ugly!! i've got a rossi .243 barrel for sale if anyone wants it....
                    my ar-15 has taken the place of that .243 barrell now anyway.
                    Www.blackriverhunting.com
                    Master guide 212

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by scott_rn View Post
                      Out of curiosity, why go through the ffl? If I remember right, that gun was only about $125. Were you able to save any money or just giving the guy some business?
                      Both. Though for both the shotgun AND the .22 cal barrels it was slightly more than $125.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
                        my 22 rossi is pretty accurate. but it my was .243 that you saw me trying to pattern on that box..man it was ugly!! i've got a rossi .243 barrel for sale if anyone wants it....
                        my ar-15 has taken the place of that .243 barrell now anyway.
                        Yeah BRWNBR, it was your .243 I was reffering to with the terrible accuracy.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Do they make that combo in an o/u model or is the idea to change barrels?
                          Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SkinnyD View Post
                            Do they make that combo in an o/u model or is the idea to change barrels?
                            Not that I am aware of, but it is quick to change barrels. Just unscrew the sling stud on the forearm and drop it off then unlock the breech and the barrel will rock right out of the action. Reverse the process with the other barrel and your off.

                            Comment

                            Footer Adsense

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X