Winter Grouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Grouse

My usual spots for winter grouse are kinda bare; does anyone have a decent spot I can take my 8yo for some winter birds? PM me and I promise I'll keep it a secret... no seriously, I won't tell a soul... if needs be, I'll even blindfold my daughter the last 10 miles...
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

The Knik river woods by the Eklutna power plant is not a terrible place for grouse, last winter I saw a bird about 40% of the time I went out there, and these were 2-3 hour outings at most. Saw lots of rabbit tracks last winter as well but never saw a bunny, although I bet there are more out there this season. Let us know how you do if you go.

P.S. There are houses within a 2ish mile vicinity of this area, so be aware of your background. While the woods are rather thick and I doubt a .22 would go more than a few hundred feet, either shooting the birds when they are on the ground or using a shotgun to get them on the wing would probably be a good idea.

Comment

Try wish bone Mt. in sutton
      Living the Alaskan Dream
      Gary Keller
      Anchorage, AK

Comment

im probably gonna hit swanson river road this weekend.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X