lookin for a few bunnies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lookin for a few bunnies

running around sutton last weekend wasnt very productive for rabbits, any ideas on other locations?

I'm going to try Knik area this week. I will let you know.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Comment

From what I've seen, this is a very good rabbit year. The problem now is, they are just about impossible to see because of the snow on the ground. Maybe it's just me and my old eyes!
      Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Seeing them isn't the problem for me it just I shoot when they zig instead of zag.
        Living the Alaskan Dream
        Gary Keller
        Anchorage, AK

Comment

Last week I shot two out here on ft. rich and they were both still brown with light gray mixed in. Suprised the heck out of me because im looking for a white one when this monster comes hopping out of the tree line!
          Steve

Comment

went ou toward talkeetna,found a million tracks.So we got out and start milling around in the woods .We jumped 4 but only were able to get 1.Mainly because we dont wait for the zig or the zag,we just wait for em to stop then pop them in the head.More fun ,and bit of a challenge.

Comment

rabbits

Here's a couple, but I guess I got to them first...................good luck lookin'
              Attached Files
              I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Comment

Wow that does make them hard to see..

Headshots are definitely challenging...

Comment

Originally posted by StevenJ View Post
                  Last week I shot two out here on ft. rich and they were both still brown with light gray mixed in. Suprised the heck out of me because im looking for a white one when this monster comes hopping out of the tree line!
                  Steve
                  Where on Ft. Rich? I've been out there twice in the last two weeks and didn't see anything. Was out in 2B by Clunie Lake Saturday and saw a few tracks but no poop or pee signs not to mention no fur. Saw a lot of what looked like coyote, fox and possibly wolf but only a few rabbit tracks.
                  America...land of the free, home of the brave and infiltrated by the blind & naive.

Psalms 109:8

Comment

The weekend before Nov. I saw a few rabbits out in the Knik area. They were almost jet white but still visible. They were just waiting for a ride back to my place, but I was trying to keep quite while calling for coyote. The past couple of years have been banging with rabbits around knik.
                    sigpic

Comment

I headed out my next week off. Hopefully I can run into on or two bunnies.
                      Living the Alaskan Dream
                      Gary Keller
                      Anchorage, AK

Comment

What's the secret??

Ok Guys, I know I am new to Alaska (April 2006), but I have been huntin rabbits since I was 10. Thats 26yrs. Anyway, I am having a hard time finding the furry critters. I don't use snow shoes, and I always hunt areas with lots of tracks. Is it that I am just not used to seeing them in white, or what? Any help would be nice. I live in Delta Junction, AK. Thanks

Comment

Delta

I've had some good luck around the Delta CW River area. I've seen them within about 50 yards from the bank.

Comment

South

Last September we had great luck around Donneley Dome.

Comment

point mac has been very good for rabbits last two weekends

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X