grouse and Rabbits today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grouse and Rabbits today

Well today my friend and I went to jim lake to for some ducks. After a while of no ducks we noticed several grouse. So we packed up the decoys and went after grouse. In little over an hour 5 grouse and one rabbit. Saw allot more then we got.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

How was the roads out to the lake? Mainly the non maintained portion. thanks
    Steve

Comment

little snow on the roads and no snow on the ground where we were hunting
      Living the Alaskan Dream
      Gary Keller
      Anchorage, AK

Comment

Did you get out there via truck or 4-wheeler? Did you take E. Maud Rd? Thanks.

Comment

Truck, the road wasn't bad at all. I was surprised on how little snow there was there. Bunnies are pure white now. Made it easy to see them. But them Grouse sure were tough though. They were all on the ground. Allo of times we heard them flapping there wings then we would walk in that area and find them.
          Living the Alaskan Dream
          Gary Keller
          Anchorage, AK

Comment

Nice. All the grouse I have ever gotten (which isn't that many) I have spotted when I flushed them or saw them fly into a tree when they heard me coming, I have never just spotted one and popped it. Saw several rabbits along the Seward Hwy. the other day, they were all white as well. All I had was my pellet gun and I didn't want to use a .22 since I was close to the road, so didn't get any. I swear they were just messin' with me too.

Comment

How do you get out to Jim Lake and the area you are talking about, Alaska Gray? I'll look on at the AKF&G map and try to find it. Also, what's the terrain like...take a 12 gauge, .22 cal or doesn't make a difference?

Thanks
              America...land of the free, home of the brave and infiltrated by the blind & naive.

Psalms 109:8

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X