Grouse Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grouse Hunting

I am looking for a few places to hunt grouse near Fairbanks either from the road or ATV any ideas would be greatful. Thanks.

Ron

is delta junction area to far? send ya a pm!

Comment

We floated the fortymile (S. Fork) first part of September this year. On the float we saw grouse every day. We harvested a few for dinner on the trip but watched a lot of them walk away. Not sure if you were looking for a river trip but that's my $.02
      www.coloradooutdoorsdirectory.com

Comment

I've seen the most in the watershed, but also lots along the Chena HS road. The ruffies were so numerous in the watershed during moose season a few years ago that I gave up on the rifle for a shotgun. My hunting partners thought I was nuts, but I brought home meat every day while they were blanked.
        "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
        Merle Haggard

Comment

Yukon Training Area

You could check out the YTA. I was out a couple of weekends ago and saw lots of birds. Make sure you are allowed to hunt on military land.

Comment

yukon training area

I was back on the training area saturday and you would have thought moose season was still open. Lots of people. A good bit of snow in the back and didnt see a bird so went down lower and picked up 5. I noticed that they arnt at the bottom or the top just about half way up. all were in the sun . I didnt see one bird in the frost or near snow. Good luck

Comment

Yta!

Hey!! I broke my leg jumping out of airplanes up there in 82' !!!! (well technically it was a helicopter).... Maybe I'll get up there to shoot some grouse and try and make up for the bad day I had last time I was up there!!

reuben.....
              "SUA SPONTE"
              "Illigitmati non Carborundum"

I'm 51..... thats 12 in man years.....

Comment

wolfkiller

Shaw creek road has a lot of grouse this year.
                A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X