Turnagain Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnagain Pass

Anyone been in Turnagain pass area lately? Just wondering how popular a hunting spot it is for rabbit/grouse/ptarmigan. I know it's fairly popular with snowmachiners I was wondering if many folks hunt the area as well?

Thanks,

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

I think you'd be better off going a little further past Turnagain. Once you're about 5 miles past Turnagain you'll start having less user conflicts and more space to yourself.

Comment

That's what I thought, figured I'd ask anyway.
      Thanks for the info Brian!

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
        I think you'd be better off going a little further past Turnagain. Once you're about 5 miles past Turnagain you'll start having less user conflicts and more space to yourself.
        You'll need snowshoes, we got about 32" in the last week. Fair amount of dead goats, avalanche kills near Silvertip creek, fuzzy's will be on them soon.
        "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Bunnies

Hi- I hunted bunnies at the Johnson Pass trailhead area last weekend- lost of track, jumped a couple but didn't get any shots. Not a sign of birds or track where we were. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
            You'll need snowshoes, we got about 32" in the last week. Fair amount of dead goats, avalanche kills near Silvertip creek, fuzzy's will be on them soon.
            I'm actually heading up that way this weekend to do some snowshoeing, that's why I was asking. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the info on Johnson Pass ANC guy

Really appreciate the info guys,

Jon

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X