Glennallen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glennallen?

Does anyone know a decent spot to find some bunnies up around the Glennallen area? My dad and I are going to head up that way this weekend. We don't have a snow machine, so it must be sort of close to the road. I'm not asking for your honey hole, just a road or general area.

Thanks for any possible help!

RYAN
    Ryan from Wasilla

while short of glenallen coming from anchorage, i've hunted the lake louise area

Comment

pull off anywhere around... there's tons... but you may hit quite a few between eureka and here
      sigpic
      If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys.
        Ryan from Wasilla

Comment

how much snow

anybody got a handle on the snow load up there right now and if its soft or crusty.....i'd like to run up there with my dog...but since we just got dumped on here in the valley she is snorkeling...didnt' know if they got it up there too or if there was a crust she could run on....
          "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Comment

I was

wondering the same thing...:confused:
            Ryan from Wasilla

Comment

Drove through that area 2 days ago and while I didn't stop and actually check, the snow looked very crusty with little depth (less than a foot).

My last 2 trips through haven't seen any bunnies from the road. But a couple months back there were bunnies visible on the roadway around nearly every corner through Glennallen and Copper Center.
              Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

New snow

Scratch that last post...

Glennallen got 6 inches of snow last night and it ain't done yet. A couple feet in Valdez and that ain't done yet either...

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

Yeah but around glenallen and tok cutoff area theres enough frikkin no tresspassing signs "cause its native land".... ..what a joke

Comment

well currently it's not snowing and the sun is out .. if i had a snowmobile i'd be on it right now.. only a few whispy clouds in the sky
                    sigpic
                    If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

awesome

sweet. sounds like awesome weather.
                      Ryan from Wasilla

Comment

snow

was out at at about mile 9 or 10 of lake louise road hunting for rabbits/ptarmigan about the third week of febuary. Decide to pull out by one of the towers and take a look. I flounderd in about waist deep snow for a couple of minutes and had enough. If you have snowshoes bring them or a snowmachine. As far as a dog being able to run around I dont think they will be able to stay on top of the snow. may be a old report,but thats as far a i know fr a snow report.

Comment

Did you guys do good?

AlaskaKid, did you guys do good at that spot? Just curious...
                          Ryan from Wasilla

Comment

at lake louise we saw a couple of tracks nothing to get excited about. the spot we did do good at was about 30-50miles closer to anchorage and the snow wasnt as deep but still pretty deep there to.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X