latest ptarmigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest ptarmigan

Took a snowmachine ride hoping to find good snow conditions for the dogs and a few ptarmigan. Found the ptarmigan, but the snow conditions were pretty bad. However, it is nice to have a dog with drive. My little Brit pointed several times even though she had to swim through the snow for them. I helped her fetch some because it was so difficult for her.

I havent had much luck lately with posting pics...but will try....
    Attached Files

Thanks for the pics and the update I went out yesterday more for a hike with the girlfriend than a hunt and didn't see any birds. But got a pretty good little work out in. I did see one other guy looked like he was running a some type of spaniel also.

Comment

Sweet Birds

Great looking dogs too.
      Ryan from Wasilla

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Burke,
        NICE PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a great hunt, sorry the snow was a problem.
          My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Comment

That was a great picture! Very nicely done with the dogs and the gear around the snowmachine and birds. Congratulations on a successful trip!
            AKmud
            sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Well behaved dogs to pose for you like that-great picture!
              NRA Lifetime Member

Comment

Are your dogs French Brittanys? Went down to Uruguay and hunted Perdiz with French Britanys and they were letter perfect on locating, trailing and retrieving. We also hunt bobwhite quail here in Florida with them. A friend has one he takes to Montana for sharptail G and Hungarian partridges. That dog is 10yo and it also hunts ducks and pheasant. Those dogs are great all around hunters.

Comment

These are not French Brittany's...just Brittany
                  Used to be called Brittany Spaniel, now just Brittany

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X