Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Yr Olds first rabbits....!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5 Yr Olds first rabbits....!

    Did a trip up the road a ways this past weekend and my 5 year old got his first hares, four of them actually. Shot all by himself, kids got amazing eye sight, was afraid i'd have to sit there for ever trying to point them out but he saw them usually same time i did!
    he's got a little rossi .22 with a fastfire red dot sight on it, really simplifies it for kids and gets them shooting pretty stinking good...quick.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  • #2
    Right on Jake, you gotta be a proud dad with your boy able to already almost out spot ya. Maybe in a few years he'll have to be the one spotting the big brownies and dad will only have to be there for the skinning and to be the sherpa.

    Comment


    • #3
      Congratulations but in a few years I think it's suppose to be turned around he's there for the skinning and being a sherpa your there to pull the trigger that's how I thought it was suppose to work. I may be wrong because I'm not a father yet but that's how my dad works it. Congrats to your boy and yourself for getting him out there and letting him experience hunting

      Jake

      Comment


      • #4
        shoot, the way he spots these hares finding bears will be a piece of cake for him! I could use the sherpa too...already got him on protien shakes and a weight/cardo workout(kidding). He's 5 years old and 55lbs, made of bricks that kid is. Tons of fun, who'd have thought a little kid gigglin' while trying to shoot his first rabbit would bring tears to a grown mans eyes...what a day!
        Www.blackriverhunting.com
        Master guide 212

        Comment


        • #5
          Great job with the kids Jake.

          You'll probably need to add a signature to his picture:

          "Does this Rossi .22 make my butt look big".
          Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

          Comment


          • #6
            that is too much fun!!!
            Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
            http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

            Comment


            • #7
              lol thanks dean....but we don't say butt, we say bottom...lol
              Www.blackriverhunting.com
              Master guide 212

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll accept bottoms, was actually thinking buns, but thought he'd want to be like the ol' man.
                Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

                Comment


                • #9
                  buns...lol this must be the small game forum!!
                  Www.blackriverhunting.com
                  Master guide 212

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
                    Did a trip up the road a ways this past weekend and my 5 year old got his first hares, four of them actually. Shot all by himself, kids got amazing eye sight, was afraid i'd have to sit there for ever trying to point them out but he saw them usually same time i did!
                    he's got a little rossi .22 with a fastfire red dot sight on it, really simplifies it for kids and gets them shooting pretty stinking good...quick.
                    Great picture !!!!! Nothing I like seeing better than a youngster out hunting. BRWNBR you got a future and present hunter there keep up the great work and congrats to the youngster

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      awesome job there with the youngster and all them hares . He looks really proud..:cool:
                      sigpicLOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thats awesome. I cant wait till I can post a pic like that of my Daughter! Wont be long now and hell be standing by his first bear!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          BRWNBR: That pic of ur young fella is priceless! That is something that should be on the front of a hunting magazine or a photo of alaskan living. I like your idea of using a small red dot for kids. I'm def. going to try that for my kids. It just makes good sense. No recoil from the 22, and no iron sights for the youngster to try and align. Good job, that young fella will be your hunting buddy for life!
                          www.freightercanoes.com www.copperheadalaska.com
                          sigpic
                          matnaggewinu

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by catchfish View Post
                            Congratulations but in a few years I think it's suppose to be turned around he's there for the skinning and being a sherpa your there to pull the trigger that's how I thought it was suppose to work. I may be wrong because I'm not a father yet but that's how my dad works it. Congrats to your boy and yourself for getting him out there and letting him experience hunting

                            Jake
                            I agree, this is why we have sons-to do the heavy work-see my album entitled Montana hunt
                            NRA Lifetime Member

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rimfirematt View Post
                              Thats awesome. I cant wait till I can post a pic like that of my Daughter! Wont be long now and hell be standing by his first bear!
                              I can say from my experience, when my daughters were young they were much better hunters than my sons. They would be still and quiet when necessary, more disciplined and obedient. My oldest daughter now hunts whitetails with her bow on her own Treasure this time with your daughter Matt.
                              NRA Lifetime Member

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X