X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ptarmigan invade Fairbanks

http://newsminer.com/news/2009/jan/2...armigan-winte/
    sigpic

I find this quite funny since recently there has been alot of posts by people looking for ptarmigan in the fairbanks area

Comment

I'm over 1,000 miles away from FBKS and that was one of my main reasons for posting this. When I lived in Fairbanks it was easy to find ptarmigan fairly close to town.
      sigpic

Comment

I second catch....I read just yesturday a bunch of threads about how people can't find these little fellers'. I guess just look out your back door

Comment

Yea this is pretty funny, I was seeing them right in our parking lot at work now. I was asking if anybody has had any luck hunting them around fairbanks. You cant exactly shoot them in the middle of town.. :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by TobinZeke View Post
            You cant exactly shoot them in the middle of town.. :cool:
            Just use a suppressed .22LR pistol. I think you'll be happy with the results!
            sigpic

Comment

You cant exactly shoot them in the middle of town.. :cool:

I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Ya, I was walking my Springer down behind the Carlson center along the river and he flushed about 20 of them. I have seen a few ruffies over the years and have seen two, yes two hen Pheasants one year. One of them was in my yard downtown. It's neat to seem Ptarmigan. Plus, I'm sure the owls and foxes are happy too!
                A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Originally posted by Chisana View Post
                  Just use a suppressed .22LR pistol. I think you'll be happy with the results!
                  hmmm, Problem is... it's ILLEGAL to discharge a firearm in the city limits.
                  A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Originally posted by Snyd View Post
                    hmmm, Problem is... it's ILLEGAL to discharge a firearm in the city limits.
                    That does present a problem. Perhaps a few discrete bird snares would do the trick.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've taken numerous grouse with a pellet gun. Nice and quiet too.
                      Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

6 at the Airport terminal yesterday
                        Tim

Comment

Yea this is pretty funny, I was seeing them right in our parking lot at work now. I was asking if anybody has had any luck hunting them around fairbanks. You cant exactly shoot them in the middle of town.. :cool:
                          We live 10 miles north of town in the hills and have been seeing them now and then on our acreage. Plus, in an undisclosed place near an undisclosed river, I've been seeing them 100% of the time that I've been out there. They've been eating birch and aspen seeds, and pecking around low brush on the river. Can't see them until you spook them, so slow down when you see tracks and look for movement...

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Chisana View Post
                            That does present a problem. Perhaps a few discrete bird snares would do the trick.
                            And ...pellet and BB guns count as 'firearms' too. Sling shots don't though...

Comment

LOL kind of funny i have not seen one since iread this thread....
                              "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X