Ptarmy hunting on sno-go's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ptarmy hunting on sno-go's

A buddy of mine and I took advantage of 3 days off and ran north to our undisclosed ptarmy hunting spot. Truth be told, we were in search of predators, but came up short in that department; instead we scored on some white-feathered pearls. Woke up every morning to the sound of roosters cackling all around us. The pickins was easy as there were hundreds of birds. I put together a little sniper rifle meant for small game/predators and decided to test it's harvesting ability on some snow chickens at 100+ yards. I was able to easily shoot them in the back and/or head with my .223 set up at 100-150 yards. It was some of the most fun hunting I've had in a long time and I must say that it was the most humane ptarmy hunting I've done (no flopping or flying after bullet impact). I shot low 1 time and accidently took out 1/2 of a breast. It was a different way to put willow ptarmigan on the table, enjoy! Oh yea, we also harvested a hare, a spruce grouse and jumped a covey of ruffies (got one of those too). It was a good way to have a great time in the Chinook.
    Attached Files

Sweet

Looks like fun. Thanks for posting. Speaking of roosters cackling, have you been pheasant hunting? It will sure make you appreciate head-shot birds.

Comment

Nice.
      My 6 yr old daughter is itching to go out and break in her cz 452 scout.
      Just waiting for news of any close.

Comment

congrats thats bad azz right there.

Comment

Lets see the rifle also!!
          The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
          sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

i'm jealous....need to shoots some birds....bad.....:eek:

Comment

Footer Adsense