wolf hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolf hunting

Was wondering what methods are used for wolf hunting ie. calling etc. as I've been seeing quite a few wolf tracks and thought I might give it a try this winter.
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

I am also interested in hunting wolves. coyotes. However, I am curious as to where are good spots? I have seen some out on the Willow side of Hatcher Pass, but I cannot find any information about Wolves, just coyotes in that area.....

Comment

wolf spots

I saw quite a few wolf tracks along the skwenta river a few years ago and we saw one wolf while bear hunting. I live in Fairbanks and have been seeing quite a few tracks north of here plus there was a lady attacked by a wolf about a month ago north of here off the Elliott hwy. I'm thinking maybe a rabbit in distress might work for coyotes or wolves due to all the snowshoe hare I see up there.
      I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Comment

Last year Predator Hunting magazine did a story on a Fairbanks guy named Marty Webb who seems to have an impressive set of credentials when it comes to wolf hunting and calling.

It'd be interesting to find out if he's willing to devulge any of that knowledge through a conversation or hunting/calling clinic.
        I'd be happy to pay for an opportunity to learn how to play a snowshoe hare call more effectively.

Been meaning to give him a call myself if I can ever get out of this rain-soaked armpit.
        Now what ?

Comment

What does wolf taste like? Please don't tell me it tastes like chicken.... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Runswithstick View Post
            What does wolf taste like? Please don't tell me it tastes like chicken.... :-)
            Like gamey kegogi.
            Now what ?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X