Rabbit Hunting Pics =d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit Hunting Pics =d

Since the rabbit hunting season is almost at an end lets see rabbit hunting pics and storys =D
    Ron Paul 2008 RESTORE OUR CONSTITUTION

TRY JESUS

ILY

denali highway

had to take my dog out for her first full on bunny hunt.....she is almost five months old...i have been training her by dragging some bunny hides i got with her when she was only 11 weeks old(she didnt' get too involved then, it was well below freezing and deep snow in march) she did really well this time though...she has a natural instinct to chase rabbits and loves to bay....my girlfriend and her daughter went up with me this weekend and we got a bunch of rabbits..the gf actually did some nice shooting taking a couple of head shots with her 9mm ..will be making some nice rabbit stew.....can't wait to get out again....and hopefully a little closer to home..
    Attached Files
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Comment

Almost Over???

Rabbit Hunting is not almost over. I just shot 3 this week. "No limit, No closed season". They're out there, still; but they're brown and even faster on solid ground. Good luck out there!

Comment

Yeah it runs all year in a lot of spots...........But there also pregnant or just had there babies, so its kinda counterproductive. HINT HINT......

Comment

yeah

i ment like people usualy hunt then in the winter cuz there not pregnet

TRY JESUS

ILY

Comment

yeah they were pregnant

we shot nine and two were female and pregnant... 3-5 babies in em...no shortage of rabbits up no the denali though...

Comment

They're rabbits (hares?).

They're always pregnant..........

Comment

This past winter.

Just found this forum a few weeks ago. did p.m. "rimfirematt". He was nice enough to write back about rabbit hunting in AK. Going to try to post a pic of one of many hunts last winter here in Maine. Will put more info. on our introduction.

Summit
                Attached Files

Comment

Here are my winter bunnies

And if you like hunting bunnies I think you may get a good read out of this report which sites several good studies and includes the information below

Breeding Season: Snowshoe hares are active year-round. The breeding
                  season for hares is stimulated by new vegetation and varies with
                  latitude, location, and yearly events (such as weather conditions and
                  phase of showshoe hare population cycle) [9,35]. Breeding generally
                  begins in late December to January and lasts until July or August
                  [35,53]. In northwestern Oregon male peak breeding activity (as
                  determined by testes weight) occurs in May and is at the minimum in
                  November. In Ontario the peak is in May and in Newfoundland the peak is
                  in June. Female estrus begins in March in Newfoundland, Alberta, and
                  Maine, and in early April in Michigan and Colorado. First litters of
                  the year are born from mid-April to May [9].

Comment

Originally posted by LuJon View Post

And if you like hunting bunnies I think you may get a good read out of this report which sites several good studies and includes the information below
                    That looks good!

Comment

i have that same grill and grilling tools hahahahaha

Originally posted by LuJon View Post

TRY JESUS

ILY

Comment

Good Eating

That was a wonderful meal. We had also thrown in a couple of kabobs that had Spruce and Ruffed Grouse, it was quite a large meal for 4 adults. I'll be eating left overs for the next few days. Maybe the next BBQ can have some Salmon as well.
                        Attached Files

Comment

thats gotta be a terrible job

whos the dude who has to go around and weigh rabbit testes all year....you put any sauces on those kabaabs????/

Comment

Rabbits

Here are some pics, It was one hell of a day..27 rabbits full game packs feel so good. hehehe evolution class was so worth missing for this. heheheheh
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            "I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
                            The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Comment

Originally posted by sharksinthesalsa View Post
                              whos the dude who has to go around and weigh rabbit testes all year....you put any sauces on those kabaabs????/
                              We laughed about that to! I think the biggest opposition probably came from the bunnies themselves.
                              I have been working on getting the wife on the board to contribute in the AK pantry area specifically. She and Alaskaman00's wife worked up the Kabobs and they were excelent! My only imput was tenderizing the meat with a my mossberg 500 and running the grill.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X