Fairbanks Circle Trail Grouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairbanks Circle Trail Grouse

Is it illegal to shoot grouse while sitting on your ATV running but not moving on the trail system ?
    Fairbanks Circle Trail is that considered a Constructed Road ?
    Last edited by Alaska Bush Hunter; 1 week ago.

Originally posted by Alaska Bush Hunter View Post
    Is it illegal to shoot grouse while sitting on your ATV running but not moving on the trail system ?
    Yup. See page 18 of the regs.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Constructed Road is the key words
      Question is I guess is Fairbanks Circle Trail considered a constructed road ?

Comment

Fairbanks Circle Trail is that considered a Constructed Road ?
        Constructed Road is the key words
        Question is I guess is Fairbanks Circle Trail considered a constructed road ?
        Nope, the bullet statements each stand on their own; you may not do any of the bulleted things, neither individually nor in combination. The one I have circled is not subordinate to the one you are referencing. Thus, to answer your original question you properly read it as: "You MAY NOT take any game by: A motorized land vehicle, unless the motor has been shut off and the progress from the motor's power has ceased." (It does not matter where the motorized land vehicle is located).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 23.06.23.png Views:	0 Size:	211.0 KB ID:	2775002
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Comment

Ok if I shut my motor off I should be legal ……,too easy .
          thanks a lot !

Comment

That sounds about right. Motor off, movement stopped, you can use the machine as a rest.

Patriot Life Member NRA
            Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
            Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Ok if I shut my motor off I should be legal ……,too easy .
              thanks a lot !
              Correct....unless you're on a road. So NOW you're around to the question of whether the trail you're sitting on is defined as a road. To answer that will require looking up the definition of 'road' in the Alaska statutes...

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X