Not completely white yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not completely white yet

Went up around Eureka today looking for bunnies. They haven't completely turned white yet which made them a bit harder to find but still ended up with three. Ran into a guy hunting with his beagle and Goshawk, pretty cool combo.

How did the overall numbers seem? Were those three the only ones you saw? I want to take my boys out, but was wondering if we're past the peak up in that direction.

Comment

I got two the other day about the same color. They seemed to be hanging to the really think cover. I should of had four but forgot that I adjusted my sight a little high for the 30-40 yard shots and ended up with only 10-20 yard shots.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
        How did the overall numbers seem? Were those three the only ones you saw? I want to take my boys out, but was wondering if we're past the peak up in that direction.
        I kicked the brush for about 3-4 hours and saw ~10 total bunnies. They were all in the thick stuff and I mostly saw flashes of white as they were running away. I think the population is definitely below the peak we saw a couple of years ago but if you get into the heavy brush and shoot quickly it can me moderately profitable. If the snow holds off in another week or two when they are completely white it should be easier to spot them glowing like ghosts in the underbrush.

Comment

I took my youngest grandson who is nine up there this morning. He killed his first bunny and was a happy, happy camper. He ended up shooting two and we got four total. We saw five so I'd say this isn't an up year. I've shot thirty myself in a couple hours in this spot in the past. Roads were slicker than snot from Sutton north this morning with snow at Eureka, no snow further north where we hunted, which made them easy to see.
          Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X