Fleas on Bunnies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleas on Bunnies

For the first time in 20 years I found a flea on a bunny. Huge jack! But I had three in the bag. I guess it is time to start field stripping them before I bring them home. Area got washed with Dawn and sprayed with Clorox. Only saw two in the bag I had the bunnies in but it doesn't take many to start problems. I use a pack to carry them but always put the bunnies in a garbage bag before putting it in the pack.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Before the die off here around Soldotna the ones we were getting were covered with them. There were lots of them on the last Lynx I got too.

Comment

I have not seen many, just my first ones. It was almost 50 the other day hunting and summer seems to be lingering on. I started cleaning them outside now.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

I've found em before. And I almost always find them on my lynx. I don't think they go for dogs up here though. Different species of flea I think. But I always put my predators in a bag with raid overnight before I skin em.

Comment

The ones I used to snare around Glennallen usually had them.
          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X