Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adn article on lynx hunting/trapping closure on the kenai

http://www.adn.com/article/20141120/...old-until-2020

I am not sure if it is reasonable to wait until the lynx population is at its peak to reopen a trapping or hunting season on them.. Assuming I didn't miss anything in the article.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Yeah that's crazy, never heard of it being closed that long, have they had similar length closures in other units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't imagine, but don't know..... It just really seems odd that they would use a predetermined time frame rather than information gathered as the population bounces back.
      Taxidermy IS art!
      www.alaskawildliferugs.com
      Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

I have seen several lynx this year why not let people harvest a few animals when they are going to be starving all winter

Comment

Originally posted by JuliW View Post
          I can't imagine, but don't know..... It just really seems odd that they would use a predetermined time frame rather than information gathered as the population bounces back.
          "Odd" is an understatement these days as to how the F&G do their work. Kinda along the same lines as how they didn't protect the Kenai Kings until they're virtually gone. Or how they didn't have a regular brown bear season on the Kenai till the moose population plummets.

Personally I believe that decisions are made by F&G based on political pressure rather than good, sound, science.....
          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I don't like it. As I have said before if they wanted to drop the number of lynx killed, drop the limit to one and close trapping.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X