Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    I've never met a squirrel I would describe as "normal"...

Leave a comment:

• Brian M
    replied
    Never eaten a normal squirrel, but ground squirrels are fine. Ate one mixed in with soy sauce and rice, and recall it being mild. The thing was a pain to clean, though - more fat than meat come fall.

Leave a comment:

• TexasBoy
    replied
    How do they taste? Like a normal squirrel?

Leave a comment:

• limon32
    replied
    Originally posted by homerdave View Post
    Hide or meat must be salvaged
    Loved telling that to clients when I was guiding. We'd be sitting waiting quietly and they would see a parky squirrel and want to shoot it with their big-azz rifle. "You need to salvage either the meat or hide... shoot it with that and there's nothing left, I'll have to turn you in"
    That's awesome! I was trying to shoot one up there this spring to skin and couldn't find any, when I was up there last fall they were all over the place!

Leave a comment:

• homerdave
    replied
    Hide or meat must be salvaged
    Loved telling that to clients when I was guiding. We'd be sitting waiting quietly and they would see a parky squirrel and want to shoot it with their big-azz rifle. "You need to salvage either the meat or hide... shoot it with that and there's nothing left, I'll have to turn you in"

Leave a comment:

• iofthetaiga
    replied
    Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
    Native's call them, Sic'Sic Puck (aka Parka Squirrel) or Arctic Ground Squirrel
    ^^^
    What he said.

Leave a comment:

• AKSasquatch
    replied
    I believe they are marmots.

Leave a comment:

• AGL4now
    replied
    Native's call them, Sic'Sic Puck (aka Parka Squirrel) or Arctic Ground Squirrel

Leave a comment:

• TexasBoy
    started a topic North Slope ground squirrels

North Slope ground squirrels

So I did the drive up to the north slope a month ago and along most of the road there was these little ground squirrel things everywhere. Anyone know exactly what they are? Thanks!

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X