Chukar Partridge on Elmendorf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chukar Partridge on Elmendorf

It's the best picture I could get with my phone. Definitely a chukar... Interesting.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

No doubt about that!

I've got a well seasoned English pointer that eastern Oregon chuckar's still have nightmares about!

Comment

You occasionally see them up north too....escapees, all.
      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Could be he is an escapee from someone's 'yard'......I raised them last year for training my dog - Great fun...I had 50 eggs in the incubator this spring and they were hatching up until the point my daughter (bless her) thought she had turned the thermostat down, then turned it up and cooked the little guys in their eggs...poor things...maybe a better life than getting flushed up and shot for the dog (and grill). LOL

The one you saw won't last long, likely he will be eaten by a lynx or fox or bird or prey..for sure they cannot survive in the wild up here...not long enough to become established at any rate...
        Taxidermy IS art!
        www.alaskawildliferugs.com
        Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

Yeah......no different than the escapee pheasants I've killed in my yard. Go up to Cooper Landing and you might see a turkey or two as well....
          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I seen one Tuesday morning on post by the entrance near Eagleglen. I thought I was seeing things

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Deleterious wildlife.

No closed season, no bag limit (within the restrictions on base, of course)
              If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Comment

Depending on where you so it, I have a pretty good idea on how it got there, word has it he was a pretty good flyer.

Comment

It might be 1 of the 2 that we lost out of our coop on the East side of Anchorage.
                  Anchorage Ak

Comment

Originally posted by AKMarmot View Post
                    Depending on where you so it, I have a pretty good idea on how it got there, word has it he was a pretty good flyer.
                    OR someone was rusty on the shot LOL!
                    Taxidermy IS art!
                    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
                    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

Originally posted by LAS View Post
                      It might be 1 of the 2 that we lost out of our coop on the East side of Anchorage.
                      Sorry, know this is an old post but do you know if they lost more? I had one in my yard over by Jewel Lake today.

http://adobe.ly/1M2zyzt

Comment

I don't know about in Anchorage but I have hens and chicks in my backyard fairly often this summer. Trunk/Fishhook area.

Comment

I'm also late to the game here, but I have it on good authority that someone was releasing them on Ft. Richardson about that time. I saw one myself at Rabbit Creek a few days later.

Comment

shot a couple chukars two years ago here in north pole, found one dead on a creek I was trapping last winter. I think the guys training dogs in the flood control plain release them ive heard tell?

Comment

Originally posted by ully View Post
                              Sorry, know this is an old post but do you know if they lost more? I had one in my yard over by Jewel Lake today.

http://adobe.ly/1M2zyzt
                              Im off Caravelle and Jewel Lake. Was in my back yard three days ago...
                              “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X