No announcement yet.

Double Over/Under Swivel Breach Flintlock .54 Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, let me know if you dont mind me tagging along as i am dying to shoot my flinters. i am in Palmer currently and just moved to this area. i lived down in Soldotna previusly. i need to make some smoke LOL. i have several custom flintlocks i can bring to the range for whoever wants to try them. i tried to slim my collection down before i moved back up here but i still have about 11 of them. i would like to meet some fellow blackpowder shooters. are any of you guys going to the Rondy up near Chena Hit Springs this coming weekend and week? i am going to head up there to check it out.

Comment

Grizz, those green mountain barrels are true tack drivers for sure. only others that have rivaled them for me is the Rice barrels. I recently built a 36 caliber Lehigh Valley and it shot very good in the beginning now after about 500 rounds its driving tacks. the green mountain barrels are extremely tough as well they are made of higher grade steel, I know David told me they loaded 4 charges on top of each other to see if they could destroy a barrel to check its limitations and the barrel handled 4 charges with 4 ball loaded. I thought that was impressive to the strength of the barrels.

Comment

Roughneck,

That would be awesome to meet at the Talkeetna Range.

If you have not shot there yet it is a really nice facility. Rifle ranges available are 100 and 200 yds with 20 X 20 inch steel at 200 yds. The steel can be moved up to 100yds. It is usually not that busy especially during the week. (There is also a great 1000 yd range with steel at 400, 600, 800, & 1000.)

I'm thinking when we decide on a date I will post it here. Maybe we will get a few other folks that shoot BP.
        ďMove that fat ass Henry!Ē
        ďDonít swing your balls or youíll swamp the boat!"

Comment

Hogfamily and Roughneck...as much as I would enjoy meeting you both for some firelock smoke up in Talkeetna, Iím just not able to make it in the near foreseeable future for health reasons, and I certainly donít want you guys waiting on me. Iíve been trying to stay one step ahead of that wheelchair chasing me with my name in it. I was badly injured in a work accident involving a long fall awhile back and am permanently disabled as a result. Thus, I have serious mobility issues and all the Kings men have yet to put HumptyGrizz back together again. Iím anxiously awaiting final VA approval to attempt more surgery soon and hopefully give me back a bit more mobility and better quality of life. Otherwise, I would be active in McKinley Mountainmen...to which Iíve been a member in hiding for the last few years. I just canít walk too far or stand very long without debilitating pain that defies description. Luckily for me, I live right in the middle of a 5.5 acre parcel that is in a location that allows me to shoot as far as 150 yards from my front deck.

So you guys donít wait on me, Iím hopefully optimistic that with surgery...2020 will be a much better year for what I can actually do. My only hunting is to have my son drop me by Argo in the perfect location near his remote Trapper Creek property...where several well used game trails intersect. There are some big moose out there, and plenty of both flavored bears as well. You guys have fun and post pics here. Iím thinking Iíll send you both a PM with my contact info.

Comment

hogfamily, I will definitely be interested in coming up to the Talkeetna range. I have never been before. let me know when works and I will see if I can make it happen. I appreciate it.

Grizz, sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you get fixed up soon and can get back out there.

Comment

Great pics hogfamily! That isn't helping cool the fever! Roughneck, I hadn't heard about the rondy on CHS. Do you know if it's at the muzzleloader range? I've been a little out of touch. Seems like most of the Alaskan Muzzleloader clubs websites are down now.
              Louis Knapp

Comment

Anybody wanting info on the Rendezvous this weekend up by Chena Hot Springs...hopefully you can read my attachment here. I sure wish I was able to make it, but hope to hear about a great turnout, an awesome time had by all and good weather!
                Attached Files

Comment

Louis, itís July 5-14 at Happy Trails Farm on Chena Hot Springs Rd. Address is 1002 Small Woods Trail. Itís about 7 miles up Chena Hot Springs rd from what I was told and they said there would be plenty of big signs to direct everyone in. I am going to try and go up to shoot for a couple days.

Comment

Laughingly, it looks like I beatcha on the directions to the Chena Rondy by a mere 4 minutes, Roughneck...it should be a great time! I apologize to all for getting "way off topic with way too much personal TMI"...surely just sayin I cant make it to the range anytime soon, would have sufficed fine! I guess I've gotten a little stir crazy with medically induced "summertime cabin fever" and sure wish I could go hang out with fellow like minded Alaskans "burnin lots of black powder" in some awesome smokepoles. I'm NOT whinin, and am very grateful to at least be able to shoot black powder at home. I can't count the posts here that I've read where guys just drone on, forgetting this is a public forum for all to see for all posterity! To all the great guys here watchin this subject "Muzzleloader Hunting" on this awesome forum...have an awesome summer! To everybody that's complimented my new swivel breech...thank you!

Comment

AlaskaGrizz,

Sorry to hear about you setback.

Thank you for serving our country!

We travel through Wasilla quite often. If you need help with anything my family is a phone call away. I will send our # in PM.

I have four teenage boys that like helping Vets, actually they like helping most anyone. So just let me know.

As soon as you mend we will get out there and burn some BP!

Take care Brother!

Comment

Roughneck.

We will be spending time at the Talkeetna Range July 14-21. Anytime during then would work. (The 21st I will be busy with the Military Firearms Range Day).

Comment

Hogfamily, PM received and replied to...thank you!

Comment

Hogfamily, sounds good those days should work. I will talk it over with my better half and see what days off she has off. Thank you

Comment

Thanks much AlaskaGrizz and Roughneck for the directions. I'm definitely going to need to try to work a stop over there into this weekend's schedule. It would be fun to shoot in it but I'd need to take the aperture sights off my Great Plains Rifle and sight it in again to participate in matches. Of course, seeing what the black powder guys here do with open sights, I don't think fancy sights would help change my standing. AlaskaGrizz, so sorry to hear you're laid up with injuries. Sure hope they can get you mended in the near future.
                              Louis Knapp

Comment

Sounds like you folks are building up to a real fine time! We're lucky to have a bunch of shooters within a couple of miles of each other, but the times are so good I'd drive hours to the same fun. Take a word of advise from an old hand at gatherings. Everyone needs to bring their favorite folding lawn chair. Conversations tend to run long!
                                "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
                                Merle Haggard

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X