Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dm766

Anyone draw this hunt? Plans to go?
    “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Buddy has it trying to talk him into going. Another bud has it and I know they are going to hunt it when? I'm not sure ..

Comment

Access will be more difficult with the late freeze up here in the interior, plenty can change in a couple of weeks.
      “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

Buddy has it, probably heading out mid November or so after we get off the slope.

Comment

Any Healy people out there have a snow report they'd like to share?

Comment

https://www.weather.gov/aprfc/Snow_Depth

Comment

Originally posted by sambuck12 View Post
              Any Healy people out there have a snow report they'd like to share?
              3-4 inches of snow on the ground east of the Tatlinka to the Wood river along the Rex.

Comment

The Tatlanika was still open a bunch as of today. It would be practically impossible to come back with a moose in a sled right now.

Comment

I flew a Super Cub up the Tanana River from the Fairbanks airport almost to Nenana yesterday,, lots of open water.
                  "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

I think those going in now are going in on wheelers. The big questions how frozen is the ground up there?

Comment

Originally posted by 323 View Post
                      I think those going in now are going in on wheelers. The big questions how frozen is the ground up there?
                      The ground is plenty frozen, just the river crossing/s may still be dicey.

Comment

Curious if anyone has an update on trail and river crossing conditions? Appreciate any info. thanks

Hope all have safely cleaned up your homes after the earthquake.

Comment

Interested as well. Never made it out last month but planning on it later next week.

Comment

As of, last weekend I think, both creeks were solid for crossing and the ground was brown at Gold King Cr.

Comment

update

Last weekend main rivers were frozen, some smaller creeks had open water still but accessible. not much snow and trail was real rough. off trail had very limited snow...lots of hunters, not many moose

just a few days left!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X