Dusted it off..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusted it off..

After sitting in the safe for 14 yrs I decided to bust out the old Hawken. Actually my 11yr old really wanted to shoot it and convinced me to get set up for it again. Man Iíve forgotten how much fun they are! Definitely more work and theyíre dirty and smelly, but thatís part of the fun.

We started with mild loads, 50gr of FFF under a patched round ball. I made it to 80grs before we needed to bail for soccer. I think Iíll go back to the range tomorrow and find a good load. Iím definitely going to be bringing it Caribou hunting next year. Canít believe I let it sit so long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great picture series! How did you take it?

Comment

Originally posted by GD Yankee View Post
      That is a great picture series! How did you take it?
      Thanks, I took a slo-mo video with my iphone and pulled some stills from it. I thought they were pretty neat!

Comment

Wow, great photo sequence! Thanks for posting. I had my Lyman Great Plains Rifle (percussion) out today too. A bit breezy and my shooting area is snowy but had a great time. These things are addictive.
        Louis Knapp

Comment

Originally posted by ptarmigan View Post
          Thanks, I took a slo-mo video with my iphone and pulled some stills from it. I thought they were pretty neat!
          Very cool how you did that...!!! :topjob:
          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Very cool!!

I sold my BP years ago (divorce reasons) and cant wait to get another one

Comment

Looks like the lad had great follow-through. You're teaching him right dad. Great photos!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X