Dm422

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rooster85 View Post
    Sounds like good hunts gentleman! Does anybody know, roughly, the draw odds for that tag? And the vets tag that was mentioned earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    About 1%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have this tag and tagged out Saturday. We walked about .34 miles according to the GPS off a main road down an very old road. It was our third set up for the day. My buddy set up about 10 yards from me doing the calling, we were at the edge of a large field, backs to the woods. After about 45 minutes I heard two grunts from behind us. I turned to him and pointed at my ears and he shook his head yes and pointed towards the woods. I watched him lower his head and grunt. He has seen the moose on the old trail we walked in on but I couldn't due to the angle. Then all of a sudden I saw it out of the corner of my eye. To be truthful all I saw was antlers and moose, has no idea how big it was. I did know it was headed directly to my buddy who was completely unarmed and it had mating on his mind! It was only 20 yards from me and a lot closer to him. I quickly raised my muzzleloader, fired and down he went, about 8 yards from him. It was a safe shot since the moose was to his left and behind. If you have this tag or any JBER tag, get off the road and walk in anad right now calling works.

Comment

The hassle of the hunt is like right now. Every single area is closed for the next 3 days at least according to the website. Must be some good brigade training going on....before the snow flies or maybe for Rocket man.........good luck.

Comment

Right now only 403 and 406 are closed. Looks like the other areas are open.

Comment

I had the 60 inch bull in my sights but no clean shot on Sat 16 Sep, I got this other guy the next day. Congrats guys!

Comment

Originally posted by MorsunRX View Post
              I had the 60 inch bull in my sights but no clean shot on Sat 16 Sep, I got this other guy the next day. Congrats guys![ATTACH=CONFIG]94691[/ATTACH]
              Pics not showing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Picture

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moose8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	2498706Let's see if this works

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94707[/ATTACH]Let's see if this works
                  Nice moose! That hunting rig is pretty slick too.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94707[/ATTACH]Let's see if this works
                    Nice. Looks like you’re going to have quite the pack out. Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
                      Nice. Looks like you’re going to have quite the pack out. Congratulations

His biggest worry was probably getting the scent out of the car before the wife went to drop the kids off at school the next day.

Comment

Congrats. I've put in for 15 years for that hunt and never been drawn.

Comment

Love it - great stories - congrats! Every photo or detail I see, I tell myself "I know that spot." "Oh same bull - gave [you] the slip too.", and "just down the way from where I connected." Besides the day trips, and never knowing what you'll come across out there, this is a reason I really enjoy this area/hunt. Sounds like success rate will be similar to the last couple years. Waited out this season so I'm ready to put my name in the hat for next year and beyond.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X