No announcement yet.

How are you removing ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, meant sawsall and my dewalt has done a bunch. I have also done the rib roll but only back in camp after removing the ribs by other means.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
      Thanks, meant sawsall and my dewalt has done a bunch. I have also done the rib roll but only back in camp after removing the ribs by other means.
      HaHa! I knew what you meant. Of course, an electric saber would be cool too! I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't pack around a cordless tool. I might look into another folding saw that doesn't have the frame like the wyoming and then just round off the front of the blade. Man, we just had ribs two nights ago and like I mentioned, It's one of my favorite meals. I don't BBQ them but I have finished them off on the barbie a few times to get that extra char. Mmmmm

Comment

Is the rib roll legal in a game unit that requires you to leave meat in the bone in the field

Comment

Originally posted by kk alaska View Post
          Is the rib roll legal in a game unit that requires you to leave meat in the bone in the field
          <br/><br/>Thatís a good question that one should certainly become informed on. Might take an attorney to sort out the regs for you though. This state...I tell ya.

Comment

Originally posted by kk alaska View Post
            We hunt in unit 13 and it states that you are required to keep meat on the ribs until removed from the field or processed.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuk View Post

We hunt in unit 13 and it states that you are required to keep meat on the ribs until removed from the field or processed.
              Correct. I do that anyhow, even if the law didn't require it. But it's true. The more meat you cut off the bone the more surface area is exposed and the more bacteria can get at the meat. But I suppose if you are quick to get the meat home then maybe the meat won't spoil much so you could grind it up into burger, but most of the time when I hunt, it takes me a couple or a few days to get back home so I don't want to risk any meat spoilage.

Comment

I need to know more about this "rib roll"
                Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

I also started using a Sawsall for the ribs and legs. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by thymallus View Post
                    I also started using a Sawsall for the ribs and legs. Love it!
                    Been doing that for decades. A small chainsaw is quicker though.
                    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X