Landjagers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landjagers

Did anyone ever take any game meat to have landjagers made out in the valley this spring & if so how did they turn out?
    This shop does them once a year with game meat and prior to this year I had some done once & thought they were good. However, this year I was surprised at the strong vinegar taste to them that was just over powering & not good. I even had a few people at the office try a couple packages & they agreed as they just weren’t appetizing. We also purchased a pack of the commercially packaged ones there that day as well & they were the same so it wasn't due to the game meat which was fairly fresh blacktail. I have emailed them a couple times but never received a response back, & now I am thinking about just writing it off & pitching the whole box (close to 20 lbs). Any thoughts?

That would suck cause those are excellent and very time consuming.
    Sorry to hear it.
    Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

I had some made 2 years ago. I took 25 lbs of clean early season youth no gamy flavor caribou into them. They lost my order and then “found it”. I definitely did not get my same meat back! Super Gamey and vinegar like you say. They are gross. I will never use that business for anything ever again. First and last.

Comment

Thanks, at least that confirms my thoughts & that it I wasn't' the only one to experience it. Just kind of surprised.

Comment

What are landjaggers?

Comment

dry-cured sausage that doesn't need refrigeration.

Comment

Originally posted by AKMarmot View Post
              dry-cured sausage that doesn't need refrigeration.
              Something like salami?
              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

No, not really.
                Hard and dry from curing.
                Bk

Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by bkmail View Post
                  No, not really.
                  Hard and dry from curing.
                  Well, that's the kind of salami I used to eat as a kid....the hard dry cured salami that was non refrigerated. Not the packaged stuff that seems to be in so many stores today. That's why I ask if it's anything like the "old style" salami?
                  Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I still say no.
                    Bk

Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Is landjaeger basically another name for hunter stick?

Comment

Originally posted by extrema View Post
                        Is landjaeger basically another name for hunter stick?
                        No sir. Its about the size of a cigar. Kinda flattened due to curing process.

Delta meats has them
                        Mat valley meats in Wasilla also.
                        Bk

Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Hopefully this picture works this is a picture I pulled off the internet of landjager.
                          As BK said this stuff is about the size of a large cigar but somwhat flattened on two sides.
                          This stuff when made properly taste very good and can be bought on the Kenai Peninsula from Echo lake meats on k-beach.Click image for larger version

Name:	Landjaeger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	2502053
                          "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
                            Hopefully this picture works this is a picture I pulled off the internet of landjager.
                            As BK said this stuff is about the size of a large cigar but somwhat flattened on two sides.
                            This stuff when made properly taste very good and can be bought on the Kenai Peninsula from Echo lake meats on k-beach.[ATTACH]98456[/ATTACH]

they look good, maybe I need to sample some this week

Comment

I made some landjagers this year using the "Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing" book. Waaaaaay worth it!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X