No announcement yet.

Indian Valley Meats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, I can bring duck meat in to be made into specialty products?!? Do other processors do this or just Indian Valley Meats?
    How about lynx sticks or polish porcupine? Just kidding on those two but I may seriously consider duck snacks.....

Comment

I dropped my meat off on November 7th. This was my very first moose that I've ever shot. Come this Monday it will be seven weeks that I've been waiting, I'm getting nervous. I've been patient after reading this thread, but it's starting to wear off as I approach week 7.
      Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

Bear mtn meats in Palmer.. do great work and fast turn around..

Comment

I will never use them again. I shot two bull caribou, had them processed and shipped down here to lower 48, had only 6 packs of steaks and about 70 lbs. of hamburger meat. They said that is all they could salvage. This wasn't my first rodeo of skinning and quartering and animal. I get more returned meat from the whitetails I kill down here in the lower 48. I know it was stolen....which is why, in hindsight, I should have just packed with dry ice and shipped down here myself. I thought I was just saving myself the hassle, instead, they are either enjoying my caribou backstraps and meat or enjoying the profits of selling my caribou for profit. I WILL NEVER recommend or use them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadder View Post
            I will never use them again. I shot two bull caribou, had them processed and shipped down here to lower 48, had only 6 packs of steaks and about 70 lbs. of hamburger meat. They said that is all they could salvage. This wasn't my first rodeo of skinning and quartering and animal. I get more returned meat from the whitetails I kill down here in the lower 48. I know it was stolen....which is why, in hindsight, I should have just packed with dry ice and shipped down here myself. I thought I was just saving myself the hassle, instead, they are either enjoying my caribou backstraps and meat or enjoying the profits of selling my caribou for profit. I WILL NEVER recommend or use them again.

i also will never do bussness with them, they ruinded all of my salmon by not vacuum packing right most of the seals came loose and the fish freezer burned.

Comment

Originally posted by 0321Tony View Post
              I know it happens that you don't get your own meat but if I was a processor I'd be afraid of mixing other people's meat and selling it. It would seem to me that this could be somewhat illegal because you would be selling game meat that you got from someone and selling it to a different person. It could be argued that moose meat is moose meat but you technically are selling someone else's meat

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
              They are not selling meet, they are selling a service.
              2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
              5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Comment

Uhh uhh. I will never use mat valley. Have seen them take in stomach green quartes and dirt and leaves. Dont want that crap in my stuff. Lisa at pioneer is great just a 25 pound minimum
                If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip? ALASKADIPNETTING.NET

Comment

Now i have a buddy whi is a retired butcher who has everything by machines off off old seward. He retired from Mike's meat just down the road from mikes and he makes killer everything. So if anyone in an anchorage wants. A town processer. Hit me up for his number. He does one animal at a time. He has got 3 freezers, a big smoker. Grinders and sausages stuffers. And mixers and all that stuff. You wont be disappointed. Ken
                  If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip? ALASKADIPNETTING.NET

Comment

if I want specialty meats I hold till after the rush..jan- mar had pioneer meat do several batches & always came out great..no minimum weight & quick turn around

Comment

I have been using IVM longer then I can remember and I have never received a bad product from them. I still do this even though I moved from Anchorage to Kenai in 1980. Do to being a lousy moose hunter I only took the heart and liver in from our caribou and they said it would be about 5 weeks as they were very busy. This was in late September and I had cleaned up the heart and liver and vacuum packed and froze it.

The liverwurst took about a month and it may be the best we have had and everyone likes it. They are very busy in the fall which is why they some times get backed up. A simple solution is to take a deep breath or find some one else you feel is faster.

I guess at my age I have learned to be patient and I don't want them to ever hurry when processing my meat. I feel the same way about a gun smith and the small business place in Iowa that makes wonderful one of a kind custom pool cues for me. Please take the time you need to get it right!

Comment

Originally posted by excav8tr View Post
                        if I want specialty meats I hold till after the rush..jan- mar had pioneer meat do several batches & always came out great..no minimum weight & quick turn around
                        No minimum at Pioneer?? Since when? Last time we used them it was 25lb min per product or something like that....
                        Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

I gave them another shot this year. As I understood it they were swamped last year after the state gave out 5k caribou permits and they didnít have the staff or space to get orders done in a timely fashion. This year I picked up my bou on the exact date they quoted me. Iíd say they got the kinks worked out. Iíll give Cathy my business again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mjm316 View Post
                            No minimum at Pioneer?? Since when? Last time we used them it was 25lb min per product or something like that....
                            idk...it was febuary when I drop the meat, think I had 35lbs or something total not each product.....maybe I just got lucky

Comment

They quoted me 3 weeks for liverwurst, ended up taking 5 weeks.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X