Burger and Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
    These all look good, but I have to wonder what the ratio of game meat to pork would be?
    I pick up pork butts from Costco and mix them roughly 50/50 with game meat. I don't think you loose the flavor of the game meat and it helps make your game meat go further.

I used Alton Browns breakfast sausage recipe minus the brown sugar with moose/pork, came out great. I've used bison/pork for an awesome chorizo, I need to copy down the recipe.

Tried making moose/pork boudin and didn't care for the results. If anyone has a good recipe let me know.

I'm going to have to try that cudighi recipe, sounds good!
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

I like to do 80% game meat with 20% pork by weight. I generally like to use pork loin since I can find it for about $1/pound, but boston butt also works. I don't like bacon ends myself, but that's because in general I don't like bacon.

As for what to use for seasoning, I really like A.C. Legg seasonings. I make most of my bulk sausage with hot italian seasoning.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If I'm making anything like brats I use 5-10% beef fat. I don't like pork fat for these because the texture ends up a little off. Beef fat heats up better in a brat to keep it juicy. Also soy protein concentrate helps with brats if you like going down that route.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X