Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$4K+ to shave 1.5 oz off my sheep pack!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4K+ to shave 1.5 oz off my sheep pack!!!

My seem a bit extravagent but hey weight is weight that I don't gotta haul up the mountain right

No more contact case, extra pair of contacts, or small bottle of solution. Going along on anymore trips.

Yep, finally bit the bullet and got Lasik surgery done a week and half ago. The fact that I won't be digging in my eyes with bloody hands making sure I sleep with my contact case so it wont' freeze or ripping contacts or them falling out of my eye and be stuck with only one good eye on the hunt is all a thing of the past.

Oh and waiting up and seeing is pretty sweet too.

Totally worth it.

I had it done several years ago. I got lucky. My wife's insurance picked up half the tab. I had to go back and get a tune up. Well worth it!
    sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

I want to get it done also but i have astigmatism in one eye. it would be worth every penny to be able to see when I wake up every morning.
      sigpic

Comment

I had mild astigmatism in both eyes. Not anymore! My eyesight really was not all that bad before. I needed corrective lenses, but if I were back in the cave man days, I still would have been out chasing game, not chewing skins with the women. Check into it, you might be a candidate.

Comment

Good for you Alaska_Lanche!!! I can't imagine how that must be! It would be like someone who slowly gained weight but not too much, losing it all one night and waking up skinny again! Awesome! Thank goodness my sight is still 20/20...

AZinAK

Comment

I got this done 3 years ago, only regret was not doing it sooner ~ especially for hunting. I did a moose hunt one year where I forgot my solution. 10 days of hell, took 30 minutes in morning to get the moisture back in my eyes.

Downside is the loss of upclose vision.
            In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

worth every penny, had mine done like 7 years ago, had a pretty bad astigmatism in both eyes. It was.. slice, fold, lazer, fold, and done. couldnt see for a few days, was really blurry, i though to myself "what have i done!" but it all went away and i had 20 / 20.
              I played all kinds of sports and would lose them, they would roll around on my eye and then I couldn't see, they were such a pain.

Comment

Good thing, Luke. That case looks pretty unsanitary!

Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
                but if I were back in the cave man days, I still would have been out chasing game, not chewing skins with the women.
                lol!!!
                Proud to be an American!

Comment

Had it done about 10 years ago, worth every penny. Heck I'd pay triple knowing what I know now. Scratch that, I'd pay ten times that amount.

Comment

Got mine done 10 years ago and it's still the best thing I've ever did. Eagle vision and not a single regret.

Comment

a pair of glasses would have probably been cheaper just to save weight.
                      "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Comment

Luke, I had the same thoughts on the glasses as AKHunterNP, but know what a pain they can be in certain conditions <grin>.

Congrats on the new eagle eyes, so what new 1.5 ounces are you gonna add to the pack? C'mon, we all know you're gonna offset it with something! <grin>
                        Mark Richards
                        www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

astigmatism, Yeah that is the word they used to describe My eyes as well. Kodiak convinced me to move to contacts and that was a great move. Good on you for making the big move. I'm still chicken to have anything laser cut into the only eyes I have. (HA) Hope you enjoy the brand new eyes. Jeff
                          Quod Dominus Noster Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by AKHunterNP View Post
                            Actually my glasses that I hated to wear weighed in at more than twice what that 1.5 oz of contact stuff was.

Comment

Originally posted by AKHunterNP View Post
                              When it is cool and raining, glasses are a liability! I was coming down the mountain solo with a pack of goat in cool, rainy conditions and my glasses fogged to the point that they were useless. That was the determining factor for me.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X